We are a software company and provide a wide range of custom software services, including web and mobile application development. For a customer of us, we need a new web application that will be developed in PHP (CakePHP as framework) and MySQL as management system.
Our customer provides transport and courier services to companies as individuals. The company is situated in Belgium but offers international services (for now only Europe). The method they use for working today is as following:
Taking orders and fulfilling it:
1. Businesses or individuals call Speedy for a service.
2. Speedy employee ask for the necessary information and fills in a new order using the excel sheet.
3. The Speedy employee chooses a driver at that moment (or later).
a. If driver is chosen, then the employee sends him a text message with the information about the new order.
4. The driver who has the necessary information goes for the pickup to the address. Loads the goods to his vehicle and drives to the destination address. Unloads the goods, and the authorized person on the arrival destination gives his/her name and signs.
5. If the order is finished, the driver sends a text message back to the Speedy employee telling the job is done.
6. Speedy employee writes the order to the excel diary.
1. On monthly basis, Speedy employee opens the diary. This file contains the orders, for which an invoice is not been made.
2. He filters the orders customer by customer.
3. For each customer an invoice will be made with the orders of that month.
4. The invoice will be sent to the customer.
Now, while working, excel sheets are being used as diary, orders and invoices.
The main purpose of the web application that will be developed will be making this repeating and time taking process much easier and more efficient.
Taking orders, making invoices, sending mails and text messages, printing pdf files and reports, all will be done by the web application.
40 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1479 $ pour ce travail
Dear Sir, I can make such system in either core PHP or CakePHP framework. Please respond so we discuss further. Waiting for reply, Manpreet Singh