NOTE: This project requires a Joomla expert. If you have to ask, "What's Joomla?" this is definitely NOT for you.
Also, all of the products involved are Open Source, so you can freely download them from the links provided. Of course, Joomla is available at [url removed, login to view]
I have the need to integrate a true multi-user multi-blog software product with Joomla. I have selected LifeType (formerly known as pLog) as my platform of type. You can read about the product here:
[url removed, login to view]
Among its many features, LifeType uses the Smarty templating engine, so I will give extra points to developers who know Smarty. I don't need it extensively used at this point - just that one of the items listed below would probably be easily done using the power of Smarty that I can call from within Joomla.
Importantly, I need to integrate (or "bridge") LifeType with Joomla that has the Community Builder (CB) component installed. You can read about CB at its home site located here:
[url removed, login to view]
By "integrate" I mean bridging the two softwares, rather than permanently slaving them together.
This is what the "perfect" solution will accomplish:
1) Both Joomla and LifeType must operate "standalone" as well as together. That means that their respective normal functioning must not be harmed to accomplish this bridge.
2) The resultant integration must work with the Community Builder component as well as with Joomla's regular login. This is VITAL for the projects I am working on.
3) The resultant integration must allow me to be able to either run the LifeType software as either "wrapped" (meaning that it can wrap itself within Joomla's template) or "unwrapped" (running off of its own template).
4) Every new Joomla member will automatically cause LifeType to generate a new blog for that member.
5) The ability to "sync" pre-existing Joomla members with LifeType. In other words, something causes LifeType to check to see if a member already has a blog. If not, then create one. I don't know if the sync should be automatic or a manual sync where I click a button and the system then does the checking. I've seen solutions for other softwares do both. I leave this up to the programmer to decide which is better.
6) The LifeType blogs must be accessible to Joomla. That means that I'd like a "blogroll" or blog list that I can publish on the Joomla site. Because LifeType uses Smarty, that's probably easily done.
7) PREFERABLY, neither program's core data tables are changed. This will ensure that future upgrades for each respective product goes smoothly. Nothing is worse than when a product's core has been updated, and now you have to worry about overwriting all that hard work. What IS perfectly allowable is the addition of extra tables to perform any needed functions. So, if you want to add a jos_lt_table to Joomla's data tables, that's just fine. If you need to add a lifetype_jos_table to LifeType, that is okay too. Again, the CORE tables for each system must remain intact.
8) I do understand that there may need to be additional PHP files coded, or maybe even some alterations to existing code to make this all work (I'm not the expert, so I don't know). If you have to do this, you MUST clearly document what you have done. That way, when updates come, it will be easy to see what code has to be replaced within the new version files for each program.
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me as needed. Thank you in advance for your responses.
4 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 299 $ pour ce travail
Hello Your project seems much more complex than you think I recommend you to open project for me to research and estimate feasibility of your requirements Thanks Kamen