We are a very small startup from Chile called Vestuá ([login to view URL]). We sell secondhand women's fashion over the internet (like [login to view URL]). So far we've been growing with a pretty decent rate and the challenges of course increase.
Our main challenge with the site is that, because we sell secondhand, each SKU is a product and the database gets big really fast. Also, because it's fashion, filters are a huge issue (because it's not that easy to cache and because there are many many brands, sizes and other attributes).
We also upload the products via another app that we created (our main logistic software), and products are uploaded throughout the day.
We have a site on Cloudways right now in a 32GB Digital Ocean SF. We are an ecommerce with:
* 60,000 products, growing around 10,000 each month (or maybe more)
* 150,000 visits / month
* Around 50 transactions each day
Right now we are facing some performance issues, possibly due to:
- server side cache not working appropiately (Varnish) due to cookies
- slowness in the app
I realized this week that the same server on Vultr Chicago has around 50ms less latency, so, I will clone the server and start in a new server on that region. We can test on that server everything and when it's done, sync and change the DNS.
More information on our stack:
- We use Faster Woo Widgets for filters
- We have over 3,000 brands and use other attributes
- The template we use is Basel (we can speak about better alternatives in case this is critical and we need to change it).
- We use Stackpath CDN which is part of Cloudways, but I think there is something wrong, because I have over 100GB of bandwitch usage every day (seems like a lot to me) and costs us $140 / month.
- We don't use Cloudflare, but are willing to try if necessary.
- Every product has, to this date, 6 attributes, possibly extensible to more in the coming months (for filtering)
- We use Scalability Pro plugin and Super Speedy Search
- We don't use Elasticsearch. I've tried using it before but never really got to configure or understand it quite right. Cloudways has Elasticsearch support on our same server.
- Cloudways has Varnish active. Right now it isn't working perfectly, because I've detected after thorough review that cookies from marketing or other services that are on my site, avoid the cache to work. I think this might be easily fixed but I haven't done so yet for lack of time
- We have New Relic (on trial period) for further debugging
- Cloudways has XDebug on their servers for PHP debugging as well
What we expect to achieve with this work:
- Getting our response time to a decent one, that is 1.5sec (via profiling, server config changes, server-side cache). You can check a slow page like our main category one here: [login to view URL]
- Configure server and database for optimal performance. We expect to reduce the server to a 16GB one
- Document all changes made in case we need to make further changes later
Happy to answer any questions, thanks!
49 freelance font une offre moyenne de $1124 pour ce travail
Hola svaldesm, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss your project. Our latest WordPress projects are: hairflash, [login to view URL], brabik.com. Best regards, Michael
Hi, i have understood your requirements about this woocommerce shop and i can do it sure. I have over 6 years experience working on PHP and Woocommerce Some of the eye catching Woocommerce websites I built https://pr Plus
Hello, I have seen your website in detail and will certainly improve page load speed and server config on Woocommerce. Could you please share all plugin details used in this website to be precise on timeline and b Plus
Dear Sir/Madam, I suggest we need use third party search engine: sphinx, apache solr. Is it B2C any only your team can post products or any register seller can post products? Best regards, Bang T
I understand what is the issue. I went to site and PHP -FPM issue at server. Also need to optimize front end and back end code. I need to check load at one time so i can see what can be good RAM and CPU
Hello friend, I have read your project detail, you want some changes in your website and additional work, you want to following feature. 1 . Add a free appt scheduler on our url. Must be able to recommend some free Plus
Hello How are you My name is Xu as server admin and php developer i have full time and I can start to work immediately Please contact me and do let us discuss about your project Thanks for your posting
Improve page speed and server config on Woocommerce Hello. How are you today? I have read your job post in carefully and understood everything what you want. I have developed 60+ apps & published them app stores in Plus
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing my proposal. I am among the top 1% WordPress developer with 98% score in freelancer WordPress skill test and with 8 years of experience. I am eagerly interested to Speed up your WordP Plus
Hi, I am speed optimization expert, interested to work to speed up the site. I will make the site faster and smoother. Normally, I optimize 20+ issues including CSS, JS, HTML, DataBase & images, etc. to speed up. Plus
Hello, Greetings! == Our Understanding == We have closely reviewed the project requirement and our understanding is, you are looking for highly experienced WordPress developer for your project work. ==Pro Plus
Hello, First of all, its my pleasure to bid on your project, I have gone through your requirements and understand that you want to improve page speed of your website. We are a highly skilled team to provide you the Plus
Hello. How are you? I have just read your post and interested in this job. As an experienced Wordpress expert, independent full-time freelancer, I am sure I can work on this project perfectly. I have been invol Plus
[login to view URL] I saw your project description carefully and i'm very interesting your project. I have rich experience in website development and speed up so i can do your project... But i have some question about your proje Plus
Hello, After reading your project details I believe I'm suitable for this project. As I'm expert on with more than 5 years experience. Please feel free to contact me. I am looking forward to hear from you. Plus
Experience: 12 Years Complete Portfolio: [login to view URL] Hi, As I can see from job posting, you are in need of a WordPress expert who can help you with your project. Well, I am highly interested in applyin Plus
Hi there, As per your requirements to fix given issues, I am confident that I can exceed your expectations as I have a vast experience in the same kind of work. I have 9+ years of experience with custom website desi Plus
Hi, Am Muhammad Ghaffar am professional developer please have a look once my profile.I have read your project details its seems like pretty simple for me but I want to ask some question please message me for other deta Plus
Dear my employer! I checked your project carefully. I have a deep understanding of the problems you are going to realize in your project. They are not so difficult for me with 12 years of app development years. Unt Plus