We manage an e-commerce website with WordPress and Woocommerce as the base. Our website is multilingual, and we offer products for sale in 6 different currencies - WPML & Woocommerce Multilingual is used for this.
Recently, we have been facing issues with the WPML and Woocommerce Multilingual plugins that trouble our payment funnel. I have highlighted below some of the recent problems we have been facing.
- Invalid input error when the user’s browser autofill on the checkout page
- The “Pay Now” button takes a lot of time to load.
- Random redirection from other languages to the primary language of the website(US)
- Massive load on cache frequently
- A recent recording of a user experience shows a user trying to pay, and there was an error stating, “This session has no orders pending payment.”
Below are some of the issues we were experiencing with the plugin that was fixed.
- Tax for Canada did not get captured
- Currency kept switching to the primary language (US)
We want a permanent fix to these issues caused by plugin. We have highlighted below the areas that we want to repair on priority,
- WPML & Woocommerce Multilingual – we are looking for an alternative for these plugins, either coding or a feasibly working plugin with less complexity
- We also use “Product Bundles,” which seems to be not compatible with the plugins above.
- We are looking to upgrade our website to a less complicated level.
- Few more secondary issues on the website (to be discussed after sign up).