I already have a CMS/Epublishing script already developed that I need to update/modify and add some new features in it
The script can be downloaded from here for your review:
[url removed, login to view]
- the DB is "epubs.sql"
- the config files in "config.php" under folder "classes/config"
This software allow to build a website for a newspaper or magazine
Downbelow are the features that already exist in it and that needs update/modification/improvement and the features that need to be implemented
### ALREADY EXISTS: ###
Please note that the visitor end will be 95% in arabic (except username and password for members registration & the email and at a later stage credit card information)
but all the others parts will be in Arabic: articles, news, authors, forum. polls, calendar, weather tc....................
Therefore also in the admin you should note, for example, that the WYSIWYG editor should be compatible with RTL language; Also note that the boxes to enter the poll questions for example should be enable to write in RTL direction or the area to add the article text and small description etc......
Now concerning the Arabic fonts, Times New Roman, Arial & Tahoma contains Arabic charsets and I will use Times New Roman on the websites.
- Lets admin users easily update the text and images. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Posting text is as simple as just copying-and-pasting from your document into your web browser. The tables of contents will be updated in just seconds. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Front page or section pages (table of contents pages) automatically updated and created. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Create multiple categories for which content can be added. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Documents can be uploaded to showcase presentations and preformatted articles. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Images can be uploaded to give readers a more visually appealing web article. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Images can be placed anywhere in the content of the article. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Supports hundreds of users with different access levels. (ALREADY EXIST)
- Comment system for texts (ALREADY EXIST)
- Stories and text rating (ALREADY EXIST)
- Articles sorting by writer (ALREADY EXIST)
- Online Issue or edition mode (ALREADY EXIST)
- Ability to print article and send article or text to friend (ALREADY EXIST)
- Customizable homepage. the system would enable website users to customize the content that they view on their home page after logging in thru their username and password, or cookie recognition. to show for example, different headlines from different news categories (ALREADY EXIST)
- Polls & Surveys (ALREADY EXIST)
- Newsletter Management (ALREADY EXIST)
- Members registration (ALREADY EXIST BUT NEEDS UPDATE)
This system is to manage user registration for the weekly and monthly magazines, as some of publications or parts of them will be available to paid members. Of course the subscription will be paid online via credit card and the system will have to manage all the billing issues and the memberships.
This system should be flexible. In the begining everything is free, but in anycase no visitor can read the full article if he doesn't subscribe. He can read headlines but not full articles. Later the free subscription can be turned into a paid one etc.... I also one the flexibility to be to have paid subscription for one category. Example if we have newspaper with politics,economy, sports...., in the future the admin would want the subscriber to pay so he can read the sports but he wants to lethim read all the other categories for free
Note all the registered user will daily receive an email of the main headlines of the newspaper until they unsubscribe from this service (this is regardless of the newsletter module)
Note that the integration of credit card payment will not occure before ONE YEAR from now
- Advanced archive & Advanced search module:(ALREADY EXIST BUT NEED UPDATING TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH ARABIC AND IMPROVE THE MODULE)
The system would have an intrinsic capability of maintaining archives for all the content hosted per day/week/month - depending on the publication in question. The archives would be extensively searchable, based on pre-defined criteria, viz: date, author, subject, text...
- Update the current SSI to enable PHP Include (ALREADY EXIST BUT NEEDS UPDATE)
- Forum (ALREADY EXIST BUT NEEDS UPDATE)
Can we update the current verison of the forum (PHORUM) to the current one?
The System must be UPDATED:
- to make it Arabic Enabled
- to give more flexibility in FRONT PAGE / MAIN CATEGORIES design (Maybe having a new menu ection in the admin just for Front page settings is the solution?)
- for better management of the menu/submenus and categories/subcategories
### NEW FEATURES: ###
- Blocks management: (VIEW [url removed, login to view] To Understand this feature)
- Content management (CMS) for creating independent pages (ie: about us, contact us etc...)
- Advertising Banners management:
To rotate different banners in the different categories or subcategories or based on keywords or per day or per hour or even per country etc.....
- Calendar of Events / Agenda
- Weather module to show current condition (best software to use would be [url removed, login to view]).
- Simple Yahoo style directory (we can integrate an existing software for links indexing)
- Simple Accounting system to manage/view website billing issues (Paid memberships + online advertising).
- Classified Ads (we can integrate an existing software for classified ads)
- Able to provide 3rd sites with RSS feeds.
- News ticker (vertical or horizontal) that displays the headlines of the news paper
- Each website of the publication will have a main page, then each category will have its main page (like sports) and then the articles page
Note that I must have, in the admin area, the possibility to control which articles will be featured in the main page or in the category main page or only displayed as headlines in the main page or the category main page, or which categories will only have headlines displayed in the main page and how many etc....
Just thoughts; I don't know how feasable they are:
- I want independent DB for Archive and independent DB for each year archive; I don;t wnat photo to be stroedin the MYSQL DB
- I want independent DB for forum
- I want the users to be able to view the archive of 7 days only and will be in the same DB
Note that we will use PHP [url removed, login to view] + MySQL [url removed, login to view]
I need a quick turnaround (software need to be over quickly) time and I will pay only after project is over;
If you don't agree with those terms DO NOT bid
If you cannot develop it in PHP & MySQL, DO NOT bid