First of all, preference of awarding this job will be given to someone who has taken the time to read the scope of work below instead of just sending an automated bid. To confirm that you have read the scope of work, in your proposal mention the animal that I have included randomly in the text below. Thank you.
I have an active website ([url removed, login to view]) which has been developed by an external developer a few years ago with a custom WP theme and hosted on [url removed, login to view]
The current website has six static pages and I want to add a Blog page as I want to start publishing posts. I tried to do it myself (very limited web developing experience) but run into a few problems (check: /blog page) so I have decided to ask for expert assistance.
What I want to achieve is:
1. the Blog page
- displaying post summaries (neat design, consistent size of summaries)
- Have a list of categories (and tags) in a side bar
- Search box in side bar (users should be able to search for a specific word within the posts)
- Unlimited list of posts (i.e. not showing just the latest 5-10 posts)
2. For individual posts
- Display full size post
- Photos in medium size with hyperlinks to full size photos in the library
- Ability to have image galleries in posts
- Sharing with social media (the most common ones)
- “Like” button and “like” counter
- Display the replies (discussions) under the posts
- Font / style to be similar to (“tiger”) the remainder of the website
- Custom template based on the [url removed, login to view] template (I don't want the current default template under which the posts are created - check [url removed, login to view])
Apart from the obvious coding that needs to be done to achieve the above, the Blog page and the posts have to be integrated with the rest of the site (e.g. updated menus, appropriately set up permalinks, etc.) and the plugins should be free and reputable. Anything else that the developer can think of to make the blog and the overall site function better will be highly regarded.
As this should not be a big job for somebody who has experience in web development, I expect the job to be fully completed (site operational) within two weeks (14 days) after the go-ahead.