*** We are looking for you to provide us with an initial cost estimate, given the info provided below. Selected applicants will be provided with the detailed SRS project document, so that a final and accurate cost can be discussed.
Both independent freelancers and agencies/teams are welcome to apply. We are looking for someone who is available to continue an ongoing relationship after the project is completed. This particular website will continue to be enhanced and we would like to stick with one person or team - this is very important to us so that we can continue to work with someone who is familiar with the system.
In addition, this could be an opportunity to establish a permanent relationship, if desired. We are looking for a permanent developer or development team to work with on all of our future WordPress projects. If the project goes smoothly and our relationship is mutually beneficial, then we would like to continue to work with you in the future — only if you are interested in doing so.
Below are general project details and skills requirements.
PROJECT SCOPE -----------
This is a crowdfunding website which focuses on creating and marketing fundraising campaigns for youth organizations, primarily focused on school athletics. The idea is to provide schools and organizations a single platform they can use for all their fundraising needs. The system will have a hierarchal structure with organization at the top, each organization can have many teams, and each team can have many campaigns. A team will consist of coaches and players. A campaign can be promoted via a drip marketing feature, which sends out a series of emails to a specified list of donors. A payment gateway will be setup to process all payments submitted through user campaign donations.
The front-end will allow for users to search for, view, and make donations on campaigns. There will be general business pages, such as About, Contact, Terms, FAQ, etc.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS -----------
- Uses ‘Backer’ WordPress Theme
- Uses ‘IgnitionDeck’ crowdfunding plugin
- Integrates with MailChimp API; setting up cron jobs
The idea is to utilize the standard features offered through this setup, while building custom enhancements which will integrate with the theme and plugins, but will not modify the theme or plugins. Utilizing child themes, etc. Keeping customizations separate is critical in order to allow us to maintain third party theme/plugin updates.
REQUIRED SKILLS -----------
- Expert with significant experience with WordPress and WordPress plugin development
- Expertise with building customized WordPress applications
- Expertise with MailChimp API and MailChimp integration
- An eye for design and strong CSS skills. Paired with a solid understanding of user experience and UI standards.
- Knowledgable of current website performance standards, making sure that the website is optimized for best page speed, load time, security, etc. Website must have a Google page speed score of 80 or above.
- Expertise in database development and architecture
- An artist for code, you adhere to clean and well-formed coding practices
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Ability to see shortcomings in development plan, and offer alternative solutions
DESIRED SKILLS -----------
- Experience with IgnitionDeck plugin is greatly desired
- Experience with crowdfunding platforms is desired
- Basic server admin skills are a bonus