We're looking for a php/mysql solution that will allow us to compare odds amongst a number of online sportsbooks.
The Odds Data:
- Odds are provided by each individual sportsbook via XML feed(s). We don't want/need to 'scrape' any data.
- Each feed will provide the odds information in its own distinct format, so there will need to be some way to standardize for comparison.
- If it's possible, we'd like to be able to add additional sportsbooks/feeds down the road (though there doesn't necessarily need to be an 'interface' to accomodate that).
The sportsbooks we'd like to work with initially are:
BET-AT-HOME, BLUE SQUARE, BODOG, CENTREBET, EXPEKT, LADBROKES, NORDICBET, PARTY BETS, PINNACLE, STAN JAMES, and WILLIAM HILL.
We have all the appropriate URL's ready to go in a spreadsheet. Some of these sportsbooks have all their data in single feeds, wheras some have many feeds (one for each sport really adds up). All of the feeds being used are publically accessible (no logging in required to get at the data). Again - each different sportsbook may have it's own particular feed structure, and possibly different naming conventions that we'll need to be able to standardize enough to display different sportsbook's odds side by side for the same game.
For example; Sportsbook A may refer to a team as "San Jose" in their feed whereas Sportsbook B uses "San J."
Sportsbook A may display a game time as "10 PM", Sportsbook B as "10:00 PM EST", and Sportsbook C as "22:00".
We don't mind doing our part to help 'map' different teams/times/etc. to an agreed upon standard if that helps and it's something we can provide via spreadsheet.
What It Needs To Do:
- Periodically retrieve and store odds data (temporarily) from each of these sportsbook's XML feed in a local database.
- Standardize the feed input somehow so odds can be compared (while each XML feed will contain essentially the same data, it will not necessarily be named/tagged the same way in each individual feed.)
- Output upcoming games and their odds on a page, matching any games that are the same among the different sportsbooks and displaying their odds side-by-side on the same row.
- We should be able to display odds selectively on different pages by sport and by time. For example, one page might show all football odds available for games in the next 24 hours. We don't mind putting the individual pages together over here if you can let us know how to pull the particular odds in to each, perhaps by passing some sort of parameters in to your script)
- Odds should be viewable in both Fractional and Decimal format (User can choose either format. American odds are not really needed - but we'll be happy to take them too if it's not much extra trouble).
- Odds data should be purged from the database after it's a few days old so it doesn't get unreasonably large.
The look of things isn't really important - we'll style the output once everything's ready to go. That said, code should be reasonably manageable so we can get things looking right with the site.
I'm aware that this sort of things been done before - if you have an existing solution that's demonstratable that would be ideal - we're ready to buy if it does what's needed.
If any further clarification of sample URL's for similar sites/scripts are needed, please let me know and I'll try to help on the message board. I'd rather not post them here for all, but if you'd like to see the afformentioned spreadsheet, I'm posting this as featured so I can send them over individually to contacts if requested.