We want to start a service similar to iTunes U – for our niche.
This means first an "iTunes U-like" website with the following key elements:
1. For consumers ("users")
- Homepage with different areas: "featured content" (featured content providers, featured items), "new content", "top downloads", "top rated", categories, simple and advanced search (by country, region, other taxonomy)
- Every content provider has his own "sub-homepage" with the content provided, ordered by categories and sections/series.
- Depending on the content type (Audio, Video, Podcast, App), user can stream, download, subscribe to podcast, buy on iTunes / buy in AppStore/AndroidMarket.
- Multilingual UI
- Possibility to register (also via Facebook Auth and Google OAuth), rate and comment, save & share favorites (bookmarks), full fronted support
- Social Media connections (e.g. Facebook plugin by WPMUDEV)
- desktop and mobile site. We might want to have smartphone apps at a later stage (separate project). Can you provide this as well?
2. For content providers
- The site is based on iTunes Store compliant RSS feeds (content providers can use the same feeds as for iTunes Store / iTunes U)
- Frontend editing of microsite settings (images, texts, feeds, categories, languages)
3. Administrator & Editors / system
- set featured providers and content (by language/region)
- workflow for content provider applications (verification process)
- Ad management with Ad Manager plugin (already licensed)
Second, for content providers (#2 above) who don't have RSS feeds:
- hosting and RSS generator service (easily linkable with the "main" site), with full front-end editing for the content providers
- different plans (webspace size, number of feeds)
- User sync with BuddyPress site
- links to iTunes and other stores are automatically transformed to affiliate links with our affiliate ID
- ready for (cloud) CDN
- deployment system with development, staging, and productive instances, allowing to deploy new releases of the platform without losing active data.
The job includes both web design and programming. We like HTML5.
We are subscribed to several premium Wordpress plugins (WPMUDEV, AdCenter, Ultimatum, and WP-Types/Views). Therefore we think that it might be advantageous to have the site based on WordPress. Please indicate which technology/CMS you would use.
Please don't hesitate to send PM if you have specific questions on the project.