We need a Wordpress Master. Someone who understand media, galleries, albums, slidshows, thumbnails galleries, photo organization, tagging, nesting, mysql and SEO. This is a PLANNING/discussion bid only. We probably will be selecting 2 or 3 bids.
Perhaps 1/2 our site will be dedicated to the presentation of high quality photos. We need a media solution that fits with this plan..
This job requires the following:
Help us determine what software, plug-in or software should be used to satisfy the media requirements (listed below under Objective).
As the project grows forth, we will need you to continue to help us with the rollout and customization of this part of the site. This will be paid as a future project.
1. We need our media to function like what is shown here: [url removed, login to view] . The Overview tab has a picture viewer that needs to fast and similar layout.
2. The Photos tab should be the same as well. Here there will be Albums organized in the same way for our site. Select an album and a thumbnail gallery appears. From the thumbnails, you can click one and it will show in the browser (large format).
3. Determine best format (HTML5, ajax, jquery, flash, xml) for given functions. We do not want to use lighthouse or any similar photo display plugin.
*4. Determine organization structure of photos. Should photos reside on the sever nested/organized in folders or should they be placed in the database? Why? Pros and Cons of each.
5. Can this all be accomplished using Wordpress plugin Nextgen gallery with some PHP changes? Currently Nextgen doesn't allow the imagebrowser to display album photos (all photos inside and album). One must chose a gallery only (which is very limiting).
6. All photos must reside in one data structure. That means that the imagebrowser, thumbnail gallery, album gallery etc...all pull the photos from one place. We don't want to upload photos twice to accommodate different plugins.
1. when photos are uploaded, there must be a way to resize them and create thumbnails of custom size.
2. tagging will be important for using taxonomies efficiently, geo-mapping, and custom searches.
3. filter system. - should be able to create a filter and choose what photos in each album or sub folder will display and where
3. album size should be customizable. album display photo can be chosen. fliters can be applied in each album.
*4. uploading and organizing photos quickly and efficiently is a big priority. We will be dealing with thousands of photos so this needs to be simple and fast.
*this points are crucial.
Please post who you are and what WordPress and Media experience you have, how you can help us, and why we should take your bid.
Those that get our attention in the bidding process will be invited to chat with us online and we can introduce our site to you to show you more details. Also, this is a big project so this could turn into a lot more work. Show us, tell us what you can do for us and THIS project.
***Please DO NOT post generic replies that shows a long list of sites you did work for and has nothing to do with this project. They will be ignored.***
If software or plugins need to be purchased, we will do this later. Please do not include this in your bid as we will need to evaluate this first.
if you have additional questions about the project please ask.