Find 100 websites which our password manager program cannot handle correctly.
Our program automates login for Internet Explorer 6 and 7 running XP SP1 or above.
A website is correctly handled if the program can:
1) AUTO-SAVE: save user login data when user is logging in if an account is not already saved
2) AUTO-FILL: automatically login a page with saved account login data
3) AUTO-LOGIN from Toolbar: navigate the current browser window/tab to the login page and automatically login the page with the selected account
4) AUTO-LOGIN from Systray Icon: launch a new IE window from systray pop-up menu and automatically login the site
If any one of the above does not succeed, the website is considered as being not handled correctly. Your job is to find 100 of them.
For each website that our program cannot handle correctly, use the following report format to report the problem:
1) Windows OS build number (from winver)
2) IE build number (from IE about box)
3) With/Without Windows Live Toolbar
5) login username and password used for testing
6) Macromedia Flash video showing how the program does not work correctly
Testing should only limit to websites that require username and password to login. Testing should exclude websites which require multi-steps authentication or ones which require entering of a visually scrambled code as confirmation. **If in any doubts, please ask before testing.
There are multiple ways to submit a login form: such as using ENTER key or clicking of the Login/Submit button. If any one of the ways does not work, the website is considered not correctly handled.
Each problem website should be reported in 1 individual RAC posting. Each problem report will be reviewed and must be approved by us before it is counted against the 100 problem websites.
Attached is the program for testing and a video showing how our program works correctly with [url removed, login to view]
The program attached will be updated periodically with patches. Testing should be done based on the latest posted binaries.
P.S. As a tester for this project, you are entitled to a free license of our program when we release it!
**Again, if in any doubts, please ask before testing.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP SP1 or above
IE6 Windows Live Toolbar
For testing of IE7, please use the latest Release Candidate from Microsoft website.
This Flash video for error reports should be created with Camtasia Studio. You can download a trial version from their website to create Flash videos for this project.
<[url removed, login to view]>