CURRENT SOFTWARE: We have a WORKING project that includes a small subroutine to SEND and RECIEVE email from a users desktop. The only challenge is helping the user configure our email client WITHOUT having to type in their: Smtp and POP Server Names and Passswords!
CURRENT PROCESS: We are currently helping our users CONFIGURE via a database of SMTP and POP server names, based on their ISP NAME. This is not good enough.
We are considering alternative methods.
1) Software that ACTS as the smtp server and so does not require configuration. BUT, it must work in lan's, behind routers etc. (I suspect this will not be reliable, since where we mail to varies greatly).
2) Another possibility is to access the users registry (or other) configuration files and then automatically configure our program based on their current successful configuration. An example of this appears in the free program, "Incredimail," as it autoconfigures by scanning the Users Computer and offering to copy their email accounts it has found. sample: <[url removed, login to view]>
3) We would also consider An alternative method you may have.
We are open to any other ideas for configuring our currently working mailing software.
NOTE: Ideally the program should be written in VB 6.0, however ActiveX components, that prove reliable could be used.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Win 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP