I require a simple script or program with an interface that will do the following:
Take a piece of text from a text file randomly x number of times and create a line of text using that information, seperated by a specific character given by the user.
For example, if I want to create a line containing a list of movies, the initial movie text file db will look like this:
X-Men: The Last StandSigns
Rush Hour 2
The Da Vinci Code
Now, within the program, I have 5 inputs to give it.
1) The number of times it will pull a piece of information from my text file, it will be anywhere from x to x and choose this randomly each time.
2) The character(s) that will seperate the list. For example, a comma, and ".." and "!!" There should be 6 input boxes here of 5 characters maximum per box.
3) The text file to pull the information from
4) The text file to save the information to
5) The number of lines to save
Now say I chose the file "[url removed, login to view]" which contained the above listed movies. I also entered 3-8 for the number of times it pulls one listing. I choose 3 ways to seperate each, "!!", "," and "...". and I entered the number of lines to be "500"
The output that would be saved to the output file for 1 line would be randomly (note: it will only use an entry from a file once per line obviously, so you can't have duplicates per line)
Mrs. Doubtfire!! King Kong ... My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Aladdin... Raiders of the Lost Ark !! Ghost, Aladin!
I have attached graphics showing what the UI *could* look like and more explanation of what I want visually. It's not exact, it can look like anything, as long as it works. Hit me up if you have any questions which I'm sure you will.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All version of Windows, more specifically XP, 2k.