This project is to create a simple OCR component in C# for .NET. This must not involve any other purchased components that require licensing.
There are a number of factors that make this considerably easier than most OCR components:
1. It only must work on images of screen captures. This means there will not be rotated or corrupted images to convert.
2. It only has to work on the English alphabet and the normal ASCII characters in font sizes 6 to 72
With these restrictions, however, the system must yield 100% character recognition accuracy.
The recognition component should have a couple components to make it capable of learning new fonts.
* Simple Neural Net (or other approved detection logic)
* Training Mode
* Test / Capture Mode
**Please see posted archive for a word file with a complete description and specificaiton for this project**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. A simple directory archive of the working software is acceptable if it does not require any specially installed components.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
**Additional (non-boilerplate) deliverables:**
* Before beginning, an explanation of the classes, processing unit, and general strategy to attack the problem. This should include rough interfaces for the components.
* A working test application with source code as per spec. The source must not have dependencies on any components that require licensing.
* Documentation of the source code
* This should list the interfaces, classes, and methods of the OCR component
* It should also have a high level step through of the processing and training including documenting the processing unit (whether neural net or not) to serve as a guide for the code given the usage described in the spec. However, flow diagrams are not necessary.
* The method and property documentation is for internal use and can be auto-generated from source code documentation.
Windows .NET 1.1 application written in C#