This application is designed to be the reverse of most VNC applications for the iPhone. Instead of being able to control your computer from the phone, you would be able to "log in" and control certain apps on your phone, remotely from your computer. The initial intent is to be able to send text, email or IM’s from your phone using your computer. Also, to receive notifications on your computer when you receive emails, text, or IMs (similar to email or instant messaging notifications, in the lower right corner of the screen).
This application is designed to be the reverse of most VNC applications for the iPhone. Instead of being able to control your computer from the phone, you would be able to control your phone, remotely from your computer. The initial intent is to be able to send email, text or IM’s from your phone using your computer. Also, to receive notifications on your computer when you receive emails, text, or IMs (similar to Outlook or Google Notifier’s notifications, in the lower right corner of the screen). With smart phones becoming more and more popular they are replacing some of the need and function of computers. However, sitting at your computer you still get texts and/or emails on your phone. It would be much easier to be informed of and have the ability to reply by using your computer while still having the information sent by your phone.
The purpose of the program is to be able to “log in?? to your phone and be able to launch certain applications, send text messages, emails and have the full use of your keyboard & Mouse (and its functions like copy/paste clipboard and scroll wheel). While fitting the look and feel of the iPhone gui.
* Receive a remote log-in by password (no physical action required by phone itself, in case one accidentally leaves their phone at home).
* Ability to receive commands from the computer and take action on the phone.
* Still have functionality when the phone is auto-locked (run in the background while the screen is locked while still running wifi, edge or 3g to communicate) or have settings that would change the auto-lock function to “never?? while, then, making the screen go blank/dark to conserve battery power. Then returning to the previous auto-lock setting when the app is closed.
* Settings that allow the app to be terminated on either side (iPhone or computer).
* Settings that would allow for a certain time frame of inactivity to terminate the app.
* A way for the two platforms to communicate seamlessly.
* A setting, perhaps, that would allow someone to enter computers on a “white list?? so that whenever the phone gets close to the computer they automatically sync up without having to start an app on either side.
* The ability to run through any available data service (Edge, 3G, wifi or Bluetooth)
* Software application that communicates back and forth with the phone through whatever available connection (wifi,edge,3g, Bluetooth).
* App that runs in the system tray only.
* Right click for options/settings/menu.
* Double click to bring up full window.
* Pop-up notifications of email, text, mms or IM (similar to those of email and chat clients)
* Click on the pop-up to reply to the message
* Text reply widow:
* If another text comes through while you are replying to a current message an internal notification would show in the open window (at the bottom or left side) having the feel of an I.M. chat instead of texting.
* When a new text comes in, a notification will sound either on the computer, phone or both. And the “tab?? that shows up should have the address book name and unread message count. Ex: [ John Doe (1) ]
* Total unread message count at the top of the window (left).
* Running character count somewhere in the window.
* Copy/Paste & forward
* Ability to use shortcut keys (Enter to send the message, ctrl+enter to return, etc…)
* New Message button to compose a new message
* Opens the address book
* Address book opens with the search bar active.
* Ability to use the scroll wheel to scroll through the contacts.
* Click and drag to scroll through (as if the pointer were your finger)
* Ability to use the pointer to use the letters on the right (going straight to a letter)
* Left click: acts as “finger touch??
* Left clicking on an item would select it or place the cursor in the location emulation completely the act of touching the screen.
* Right click: brings a “right click menu?? (like that of Windows) with menu options of cut, copy and paste. Other menu options should include, Home (executing the command of the home button) and Lock (locking the screen).
* Scroll wheel:
* Scrolling up or down would emulate the action of moving your finger vertically across the screen to scroll up or down through lists on the phone. (emails, texts, IMs, etc…)
* Left+Right click: Lock/unlock screen
* The phone would have to accept full use of qwerty keyboard function as well as accepting copy/paste commands and use of the 10key number pad.
* Hot keys for opening apps automatically
* Ability to use the standard shortcuts (cut, copy, paste, etc…)
* Ability to set password for remote log-in
* Ability to control Auto-Lock settings
* Sound control
* Mute all system sounds
* Mute all but receive notification sounds (Text, mms, other…)
* Choice of which notification sounds to let through (hear text but not email)
* Screen control (unless the app can run in the background while the screen is locked while still running wifi, edge or 3g to communicate)
* Set the screen to go completely dark while in use
* Set the screen to go dim while in use
* Set the screen to not dim at all while in use
* Or pick from full brightness spectrum while in use
* Add new apps to the computer side gui.
* Ability so set a password to auto-log in
* Ability to set Hot Keys
* VNC settings if necessary
*The requests here are subject to change/manipulation/addition or removal based on the guidelines of the Apple App store/Cydia or the overall compatibility over each platform.