1. We need to pull the stocks Real-time data from Google finance into our online database to our webpage. i.e. PHP + mySQL on our web server
2. A webpage with portfolio or watch list of around 300 stocks where we should be able to Add/modify/delete stock symbols in background. When we add a stock we like to see its current trading day open, high, low and close(i.e. last traded price ~close as in Google) and previous day’s trading data i.e. we like to see a stocks previous day data underneath the stock row only in the background not in web-site end user page.
3. A condition builder box - condition generator box for creating a buy and sell condition – it should have open high low close and operators and previous day open, high low close.
4. We need a condition builder in the background of the website and it will be applied to a portfolio or watch list of stocks which we have in our webpage in the background where quotes will be fetched real-time from Google finance and filtered results for buy/sell/are shown in webpage for end user’s as separate boxes with color green for buy and color red for sell for better visualization and it’s last traded price.
5. In our condition builder we like to have three columns like this in image where right side will be having today’s real-time data i.e. open, high, low, close (i.e. last traded price as in Google) and relational operators in between i.e. All except this operator i.e. bet (between) and left side is previous day data which has to be fetched from Google finance stock historical price.
6. We will be using only previous day trading data and today’s real-time trading data from Google finance so in condition builder apart from open,high,low,close and relational operators and previous day open, high, low and close alone are wanted and nothing else is needed in condition builder.
I.e. PREVIOUS DAY OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE AND
TODAYS OPEN, HIGH, LOW AND CLOSE (i.e. last traded price in real-time).
7. Stock symbols quote can be retrieved from Google finance where real-time streaming is free for NSE India stocks and index. It should get updated in 5 sec auto refresh.
8. We are having lot of conditions for buy and for sell. So suppose if we have 5 separate conditions for buy and when we apply these entire five to the watch list of stocks it should get filtered as a separate box with the title “STRONG BUY” and “STRONG SELL” for the website end-user page separately from the whole list of stocks which we add in the background like a stock screener.
9. In the website end user page there will be only two columns or boxes for strong buy and strong sell with green color heading for buy column and red color heading for sell column and the stocks which are appearing in the end user page are filtered stocks from our portfolio in background based on our set of conditions.
10. Every minute a background process should run from 9:15 AM thru 3:30 PM IST.
11. This could probably be done in PHP and the stock information could be stored in a SQL database. Using Cron jobs, a PHP script could be set to run at regular intervals for example (such as once a day, every hour, at the close of the trading day...) but we want it to run every 1 min so script would have to read the HTML code of the stock page and parse out the required information
[url removed, login to view] Protected Admin Panel
- Allows you to create a list of stocks in a portfolio
- Contains a condition builder that allows you to specify conditions that the server should check for
Server Background Processes
- Server retrieves stock information from outside source for each stock (high, low, open, close, previous day data...)
- Server retrieves current stock prices every minute and checks conditions
- Based on the number of conditions met, server assigns a rating (such as strong buy / buy / hold / strong sell / sell)
Website End-User Page- Website user only sees stock portfolio and recommendations based on your conditions (set in admin panel) and user manage