I require assistance from an experienced project manager or web designer to help me prepare a project brief.
The project is for the design of a custom landing page on a phpFox site, and take that theme/style through the other pages of the phpfox site.
There will be work involved in modifying the layout within phpfox - but there is no requirement for custom coding or the development of mods or plug-ins (although that is likely to be a separate project in the near future).
Basically, I am developing my first website (a community product exchange) and I want to ensure that I give interested web designers the right amount and type of information before I engage one of them to do the new front end and theme/styles.
This is what I already have:
- a phpFox licence and operational site in a live hosted environment
- a professionally designed logo (to form the basis of the theme for the site)
- a marketplace module with a populated database of categories/sub-categories of goods
- integrated Google Maps API
- integrated business and auctions plug-ins
- some examples of landing pages I like
- some examples of page layouts I like
- a clear idea of how I expect transactionts to take place.
What I'm missing is an understanding of what web designers need in order to accurately price a design project of this nature. What information are they going to need from me in order to deliver a quality product that meets my disgn and functional expectations.
I'm expecting the web design project itself to be in the $1,000 - $2,000 range.
But for the preparation of the brief, I am budgeting up to $100.