The goal is to create a wordpress "Site-Builder" Wizard where the user can choose the theme they want out of 10 possible themes that you will create yourself through PSDs we will send you.
We will have one wordpress database hosting an unlimited number of sites created through the wizard. The sites themselves will be installed on separate servers and have all the files necessary, but simply connect to the wordpress DB remotely.
We will have multiple themes installed on a wordpress installation, and the wizard will take you through the following steps. These will need to be custom coded as we do not want them to be directly through the wordpress backend as we will want this to be very dummy-proof for people not familiar with worpress:
Step 0: Input your domain name.
Step 1: Choose a Design (This will show all of the themes available in the wordpress installation in snippets
Step 2: Customize your theme (This will show all basic customization options available on the wordpress backend for the theme like uploading pictures and/or changing basic page layouts).
Step 3: Enter the names for the pages you want (E.G. About US, Services, Contact Us, etc)
Step 4: Begin Entering Content for the pages with the wordpress WYSIWYG Editor. This will show the first title of the page they chose and will continue each step until they have entered content for each page.
-Every Step will have a "Skip this for now and complete later"
-One Main Wordpress Database hosted on main server with separate tables for each wordpress installation.
-Actual Domains will be hosted on other servers. You will need to provide the files we need to upload to the other servers so that they properly connect to the database and tell us any changes that we would need to make to the files to make them work.
-You will code the themes, there will be 10 of them. We will provide the PSDs for them, and they should be straightforward. We can provide HTML if that makes it easier for you.
-You will need to make it easy for us to add and subtract themes to this wordpress installation so that we can add more styles in the future. Providing us with instructions on how to do this would suffice.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
To Submit a Bid:
1) I will only take serious bids from serious wordpress experts. Demonstrate to me how good you are in wordpress by showing previous customizations and plugins you have created, preferably on this scale or something similar.
2) Tell me the approximate number of hours you think this will require for initial development, and of course alot about 20 hours or so for further customization, testing and tweaking.
3) If you want to go above and beyond, please give me a detailed outline of the number of hours you think each part of this project will take. Either way, when we come close to choosing a winner after receiving the bids, we will then require a detailed quote with hourly estimates of each part of the project in order to create milestones for the finalists.
4) The code will need to be clean and easy to work with. If you will be using a php framework, please let us know which you want to use. We prefer codeigniter.
5) This will need to look great on the front end as well. No sloppy formatting and/or looks for the site themes and/or the wizard. We want high quality sites and clean looks from start to finish here. Do not bid if you cannot provide this.
6) We will need continued communication throughout the project and updates at least every two-three days, and daily at the end when we are making our final tweaks.
7) Please let me know if you have any further questions. Do not bid if you are not certain on the requirements.