I'm looking at selling some courses online.
I think what I'm after might be able to done through a CMS such as Mambo.
There are 3 parts to the site that I need:
1) Shopping Cart
- Needs to be able to remember users details (all but CC)
- Only needs to send an email of CC details for manually processing
- Be secured
- Needs to be able to offer free/trial products that still require registration
- Needs to integrate with the rest of the website (like course management)
- There will be say 20 courses
- Needs to manage what courses each user has access to according what the have purchased
- The courses will be in pdf format at this stage
3) Bulletin Board
- Only members (of the above) can post and view (this may be changed to public viewing)
How it should work is:
Client in interested courses -> Sign them up (get there details so we can get in contact with them) and give them access to a free course or two -> They can view bulletin boards -> They buy a course that is relevant to them and they will have access to that course.
This need to continue the colors and feel of existing website.
If you have any questions please ask.