my website is on phpbb, but i dont want forums, just blogging, and want to move it to wordpress.
once it is moved and working i will have more work for you.
Wow, getting lots of responses...that is great.
Here are the details of what I want.
website is currently working on my w2k8 server at home on
D:\wwwroot\sdlink using phpbb on iis7
The requirements for the job are:
A) make website working at d:\wwwroot\sdlink_wp using wordpress
B) All 4 pages must be functional
1) homepage, wordpress with blogs no forums, search/add links must work. login page (anyone that logs in can post links). If I login, it take me to admin page where only i can add/view contacts...shows 4 stickies and last 6 blogs entered on any forum.
2) sports page
displays sports blogs
displays results from database category=sports
3) restaurants page (same as sports page, but shows restarurant blogs and results=restaurant
4) admin page
edit all blogs
I should be able to just copy the sports page to any other page and edit (like a template).
walk me through how to make it all work on major web hosting (godaddy) -i dont want you to do it, i want you to tell me how to do it)
I really think the only hard part of the project is to show database results on the wordpress site, but i have heard some say you can do it with "iframes" tags? maybe there are other ways?
This is what the site looks like on phpbb
but i don't need or want the forums on the home page, i just want the homepage to show links a few popular blogs (ones i define are always on top, and then a few more of the most recent blogs). Then when you go to the individual pages (e.g. sports, restaurants, you will see blogs in that category). I hope that makes sense?
I found someone else to port the website over locally.
But he doesn't know how to do the sql stuff.
Does anyone know how to create plugins for wordpress?
I would like a plugin that will do the following.
1) allow you to import .csv file
2) allow you to add fields to the table (fields can be text, checkbox, or radiobutton
3) allow you to add records to the table
4) allow you to query the table and display the results in one or two columns, and with each row alternating colors for ease of reading