The site is an alert service, similar to [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], etc., where users enter their favorite bands / artists, and will then get email/rss notifications on these in the future, based on their preferences, when ever the site discovers a new release.
*** Look at [url removed, login to view] for an idea on what we're inspired by ***
If you can basically make something very similar to [url removed, login to view], then that would be fine.
I also have some further specifications + designs to look at, just ask me.
The solution should be multi-language, with the ability to edit the language files via some CMS solution.
If possible / feasible then I would like to see the solution as an extension of wordpress.
All code must be properly documented in English.
* * * * More detailed description * * * *
The soltion consists of the following parts:
1. The website, where users register, and can see listings of the data in the database
2. A parser / spider to collect data
3. A small CMS (possbily just using wordpress), where users / data can be viewed, website texts can be edited, etc.
4. A cron-job to send out updates via email and update each users a RSS feed
Each component should be one or more separate script(s), so it is easy to update each component without interferring with the parts. With this in place, I’m hoping we can also use wordpress for the CMS.
* The website is mainly a registration-page, and a listing of the data in the database.
The registration contains:
• A list of artists,
• country/city information,
• what frequency the user would like updates from the cron-job (daily, weekly, monthly),
• what format (mail and/or RSS)
Users can also edit their existing preferences by using the same registration-page as they’ve registered themselves with using their email + an autogenerated password.
The website is very simple design, so the HTML is easy.
* The parser / spider collects data from various data-sources (initially only amazon + one more source), and store all this data in the local database. The "startout data" would probably be musicbrainz for ID's, structure, etc., combined with additional information gathered from scraping of allmusic.com.
* The cron job checks for new data every hour, and when new data (ie. The relase of a new album, movie, concert or similar) is matched to users, the cronjob then sends out emails to the relevant users based on their settings and updates their RSS feeds.
* The CMS is where I can edit the texts, view user-data, etc.
The code must be 100% professional, MCV, consistant, well-documented, etc.
It is very important for me that you can stay on deadline and give me a daily rapport on progress (even if there is no progress).