I want a hotel booking system developed in VB and it should be connected to an Access database. The system should be able to book rooms and check rooms availibility and normal other routine tasks the hotel might perform.
I have already started the application but i am having problems and need someone to have a look at it and improve it to my requirements.
I will provide the system i have created so far and i will also give more information to the successful bidder.
Look at the deliverables below for my system requirements.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The hotel has 50 rooms.
**The system should be able to do the following tasks:**
Book the rooms but need to make sure that if a room is booked once from today then the same room is not booked again for today. The system should not allow that to happen.
It should be able to check the availability of the rooms for a particular day.
So if you enter the dates (arrival date and departure date) the system should run the query and find out whether the requested room is available or not for the requested day.
The system should be able to add new customers to it ??" I have completed this task.
The system should be able to print the invoice for each booking.
When you are making the booking for rooms, the system should be able to go to invoice and create the invoice for that booking also should allow printing it.
Normalisation is done but need to make sure that it is correct.
There will be two types of user logging on to the system, the receptionist and managers. Manager should be able to run the following queries.
1) Occupancy report for a particular month
2) Total takings of a particular month (Sum of all invoices total for that month)
3) All the people who visited the hotel on a particular day ??" This is so that for example, every year it is possible to send them a letter saying that u had visited our hotel on this day and u can do so this year again and u will be given 50% discount.
Logging in to the system ??" If receptionist logs in to the system then the Admin task command should visible to them as they are not supposed to see those information.
It should be able for the managers to add new rooms, their types, price and description to the system. At the moment there are only two types of rooms at the hotel:
> Single rooms and
> Double rooms.
I have created the table in a way so that each room is identified uniquely.
It should be possible for managers to add users to the system (as new staff can join the business), delete the users and edit their information.
Main Menu should have access to all the tasks mentioned above.
It should be possible to edit the booking information and delete the booking.
The record of who logged in to the system and time of that should be recorded in the database.
EACH LINE OF CODE ADDED TO THE SYSTEM SHOULD BE EXPLAINED. GIVE REASON FOR CHOOSING THAT WAY OF DESIGN AND IF I AM NOT HAPPY THEN GIVE ME ALTERNATIVES.