1. Must be Windows based. 2. Ensure that dll(s)/files to be updated are not currently in use. a. There will need to be a settings file where we can tell the program to prompt the user if a certain application is open (MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), then tell the user to close before the update utility can continue. 3. UnRegister old dll(s) 4. Register new dll(s)/update files using parameters from the settings file 5. Log error/information messages to log file 6. If error occurs during the dll(s)/files update process re-register old dll(s), replace the files and inform user 7. If no critical errors occur remove old dll(s)/files 8. Inform user that the update dll(s) process has been completed successfully. 9. The application will need to read information from a settings file to determine what needs to be updated/added 10. The final deliverable should consist of an executable, complete source code, a settings list file (.lst file) and parameter instructions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
1. Windows 2000 and higher 2. Programming language to be used MUST be Visual Basic .NET 2005 3. The software will use Windows Forms for UI components 4. Updater application should not use any third-party libraries 5. Updater application is not installed, it is simply an exe run by the user to update the required dll(s)/files, it should leave no footprint on the user’s computer