What I need is to be able to know what sort of control my mouse cursor is in.
Currently I 'paste' with a simple sendkeys into other applications from my VB6 program that I have forced to be foreground via SetForegroundWindow API. I also set the cursor down where the mouse its ready to accept the paste.
I need to know if it's ok to paste a picture (ie, into a rich text box) or if the place where I'm going to paste only accepts plain text (ie, a Internet Explorer form)
By detecting if a plain text area I can make my program decide what to paste, picture or text.
I'm sure the above is simple with a little API work, but I'm stuck.
**addition:** this is causing some confusion. the reason for all the above is to test really for three specific things.
1. a IE form (text only)
2. a IE rich text form like used on hotmail (text and pictures)
3. a outlook email msg (text and pictures)
no's 1 + 2 can be simulated through the rich text editor for messages here on rentacoder.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Win 9x / XP