To automatically fill an MS Access table with data extracted from several word documents with form defined fields
I have developed a word document with lots of form defined fields (near 1000). I now have some 500 word files filled in and I need to compile all the data into an empty MS Access document, one row per file, one column per field.
Also, I want to have an access page to the data in the tables: a window very similar in layout to the original word files where I can move between records with a toggle button.
I need a macro or small app that opens up a "windows explorer" like window for me to select the folder where several word files are and then extract their content into one MS Access file with as many tables as required (because of the 255 field limit per table), one row per file, one column per field.
Attached are 6 example files for testing.
**1. On the first column of every table the input must be the file name that is originating that record.
2. Because when some fields were filled in people used the “Enter?? key (ex: filling in an address with two lines using only one field), the line break must be deleted and replaced by a simple space, so that all the info from a given field remains together.
3. Some of the word files are password protected, but can be access in read only.
4. The word files must not be changed in the process.
5. If the macro/app finds a file with the same name as one already in the database, it should issue a warning asking if I want to overwrite the existing record, add a new one (adding a “2?? to the end of the filename in the database so I can tell them apart), or combine both (updating the information that is different from the existing one, assuming that if previously there was some information in a given field and now there is none, the field must be left as was).
6. If a problem occurs with some file, the macro/app should skip it and when it is finished create a text document with a list of errors, stating the file names and error type (with a description intelligible for non computer experts).
7. an access page to the data in the tables must exist: a window very similar in layout to the original word files where I can move between records with a toggle button and edit them.
7.1 this page should also have a "search" possibility, allowing me to go directly to any given record by searching the database through any of its fields. If the search returns multiple records, I should be able to move only through that short list.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MS Word 2003
MS Access 2003