Work Order Creation and Workflow Process
Objective: To create Work Order data entry and labor tracking system for an Electrial Contractor fabrication shop. The system is to used by both build to order and build to stock jobs. The initial phase of the Work Order creation and tracking will be designed to track labor only.
1. System Login : Allow user login by Employee ID number and Password validation.
2. Work Order Creation : Add or Edit Work Order
- Auto assign W.O. Tracking Number
- Print Work Order Traveler with Bar Codes
- Print Work Order Bar Code Labels
3. Labor Tracking Module: Add or Edit Employee time and attendance.
- Allow Timesheet entry from PC workstations for both warehouse (non-union) and Fabrication shop work-in-process employees. Allow for both keyboard and bar code input.
- Allow Job time entry from wireless Portable Data Terminals. Allow employees to use bar code scanner on WO Travelers for Job information & a badge or personal ID bar code for employee number. Once WO tracking number is input, the PDT program will allow for multiple Start/Stop times. This data will be accumulated towards a specific tracking number until a new WO tracking number is entered. Once a WO task is completed, a log out flag is posted to the Work Order Detail table with completion date and time.
- Allow Timesheet maintenance from workstation by an administrator with appropriate security authorization.
4. Employee Administration : Add or Edit Employee Table will contain the following fields:
Employee#, Employee Name, Job Title Code, Password
5. Job Classification: Add or Edit Job Classification Table will contain the following fields:
Job Classification ID, Job Title, Pay Scale Code
6. Task Codes: Add or Edit Task Code Table will contain the following fields:
Task Code ID Number, Task Description
7. Job Master: Add or Edit Job Master Table will contain the following fields:
Fabrication Job#, Description, Accounting Job#, Build_to_Stock.
8. System Validation Lookup : Purchase Order Master: Valid Purchase order information upon creation of Fabrication Workorder. Purchase Order Master fields to be accessed are:
Purchase Order#, Line Item#, Part#, Part Description,
Order Quantity, Unit of Measure.
9. System Reporting : Create a TBD number of Labor Tracking and Costing reports. See samples.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows 98, 2000, XP
Portable data terminals specifics are to be determined. We are reviewing the following products:
HHP Dolphin 7300 & 7400 series
Symbol PDT 8000
HP/Compaq iPaq w/ Symbol SPS 3000 add-on module.
I am open to your suggestions on available options and their suitability to this project. I EXPECT THAT VISUAL BASIC IN CONJUNCTION WITH CE TOOL KITS ARE NECESSARY. THE PILOT DATA ENGINE WILL BE ACCESS AND MAY BE MIGRATED TO ORACLE ONCE THE CONCEPT AND PILOT PROJECT HAS PROVEN TO THE COMPANY'S MANAGEMENT. THIS WILL INITIALLY BE A PILOT PROJECT FOR THIS CUSTOMER. THE GOAL IS THAT THE APPLICATION WILL IMPROVE THEIR WORK FLOW AND REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF MANUAL DATA ENTRY TASKS.
## Deadline information
This project is still in the proposal stage and has not been committed to by our customer.