* Evaluate the procedures for successful project
***Define the importance of the contract***
***Explain the importance of people management and team work***
***Analyse the role of the project manager***
***Discuss the importance of financial accounting and control in the profitable management of projects***
***Apply the technical and commercial knowledge and skills to manage a project successfully***
**There are two parts to this**
**Part 1** requires you to apply your knowledge from the **lecture material** and from your **background reading** to answer the questions. All parts must be illustrated by **reference to project management**. You must also show evidence of having **consulted the literature and texts** for project management. You are expected to have consulted the **recommended text books** for the module and at least **five other recent sources**. **A reference list must be included.**
**Part 2** requires you to use Microsoft Project Management 2002 software to plan and present a report on the project.
The assignment 1 needs to be a **maximum** of 3,500 words for both parts of assignment. A reference list must be included as well as reference to theory in the text of your answer. As a guideline, appendices should represent no more than 10% of the word count for the text.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) It Must be a well structured project
**Microsoft word and part 2 requires you to use Microsoft Project Management 2002 software to plan and present a report on the project.