I need to develop a script that can be executed as a cron job on my web server to perform the following functions on my website:
- Download a CSV file from a supplier (may be inside a zip file)
- Process the CSV file if needed prior to data import
- Flag all existing products in database as inactive excluding specials category
- Import all products, categories and images from CSV file and flag as active
- Produce an email of any items that are still flagged as inactive after import (discontinued items) and errors.
The idea is for my website to be in Sync with my Suppliers website via the CSV feed, and for the process to be automated.
The shopping cart system, and database is Tienda. A free Joomla extension. It is possible that after completion that you could list this project on the Tienda market place for additional revenue.