We have the video plugin working with ffmpeg working on our SocialEngine site. We want to change the way video plugin handles uploaded videos, as follows:
1. When a video is uploaded, to make a short preview copy of the video.
2. When a video is uploaded, to make 8 thumbnail screenshots of it, taken at regular time intervals (done quickly and efficiently in terms of CPU time).
3. When a video is uploaded, so show an error message in case the duration of the uploaded video is too short.
4. Removal of a few options in the video upload form.
5. Made a new 'video preview page' for every uploaded video, which would show the preview video together with the screenshots. The 'video preview page' can be copied from the standard video page. It should show the preview video instead of the standard video, and show 2 rows of thumbnail screenshots below the preview video. The link to reach the video preview page should be a simple adaptation of the normal video page, for example: [url removed, login to view]
Our requirements for this and any further jobs are as follows:
* Commit to NDA and IP agreement before starting.
* Experience with ffmpeg, SocialEngine and SocialEngine modules. Basic understanding of SocialEngine structure and conventions.
* Guarantee to be available for 3 hours a day on working-days until completion. After completion, to be able to quickly respond to repair bugs (within 16 hours after reporting - on working days) and to fix bugs promptly (within a further 8 hours).
* No further subcontracting of the work.
* We require a brief skype video conversation before starting, to get to know the person who we will be working with.
* Let us know whenever you are working on the job, as we want to be available on skype as you work to provide immediate assistance and guidance as it is required. Also let us know whenever you stop working or take a break, as we can then also go offline on skype.
* Willingness to share screen while working (upon request).
* Tell us whenever you use a 'dirty hack'.
* Make a textfile with a list of the specific files you changed, and send it to us upon completion. Make a small comment above and below any changed or added code. Alternatively, use a software package tracking the changes to the code.
* Very important: Start off your answer/reply to this job posting with the precise sentence: "Hello, I do understand your requirements". This is because some bidders do not read the requirements. We wil not consider replies without this sentence.
* We will make 2 milestones (each of 50% of the agreed amount): Milestone 1 is set upon starting the project and will be released upon completion. Milestone 2 is set upon completion and will be released 2 weeks after completion, so we have opportunity to encounter any obvious bugs, which you should then resolve.
* Can get additional socialengine jobs after completion.