Sorry this post may be long, but I want to be as comprehensive as possible with this so there are no surprises. We don't know what it will cost. We have a site that installed a Groupon Clone from a company that has a lot of broken pieces. We've managed to fix a lot of it, but there are still some looming issues. Most of these will be very easy fixes for a PHP developer, but we simply don't know what we're doing although I have a good understanding of the fundamentals. Here are the problems we currently are dealing with that we need a developer to fix.
1) Logins stopped working. This is a problem that just raised its head. Something just got disconnected. needs fixing.
2) "Forgot Password" link asks for email address , but then gives you a "Mailer Error: Message body empty" error & doesn't send the password to their email. Assuming it has to do with a file that should have data in it. We can supply it, we just don't know where it is.
3) Speaking of which, the "Mailer Error: Message body empty error". Anytime a person does something that would create an email like registering or retrieving a forgotten password (item #2 above), it gives this message. We don't know how to fix this.
4) Fix a duplicated loop in the Paypal script DoExpressCheckoutPayment.php. When a person tries to buy something, it says "token already used". See if you can fix that error. Paypal gave us specific instructions, so this should be easy.
5) When a person buys something, it's supposed to take them to a receipt page. It used to work and then stopped. Fix it. Also let us add verbiage to that page to tell the person to print that receipt out. The page was missing that.
6) Paypal API is not sending the item name and price over to PayPal when a transaction is done. Help us figure out how to get the item name and price to transfer over to paypal when they pay.
7) Expiration date showing on Coupon that they buy and the "My Coupons" page shows an expiration date that is not right. It shows when the deal ends instead which isn't the same as the expiration. So if a deal is only on the site for two days, the coupon shows that it expires in 2 days. To fix this, we need an "Expiration date" field added to the deal form where we first enter the deal and then have THAT date show on the coupon. Need you to create that field and add it to the coupon code.
8) Add the 'Terms & Conditions", "Highlights" and "Fine Print" fields onto the coupon that they print out. Fields already exists in the database. They just need to be pulled onto the coupon.
9) When a customer comes to the site, they are asked to choose their county and then enter their email. Once they do that, it's supposed to then show them the deal, but instead, it refreshes the screen and makes them do it again. Figure out why & fix.
10) Have a script that pulls email addresses the people enter so that the admin can pull it and send out email blasts. Script already done (may need some tweaking to have it pull a couple of the other user fields also), but just need it put in the admin area somewhere so the admin can login, click it and download the file easily.
11) There's a language drop down box in the header. kill it.
12) People can sign up to receive SMS alerts when a deal hits their area. It captures phone numbers fine, but when they try to send the SMS from the backend, it doesn't work. Think this may have to do with item #3, but it's not sending the message. Fix it.
13) When you enter a deal it asks for the regular price is and then what percentage off. Change this so that it asks for "regular price" and then "deal price" instead. Those are the only 2 pieces of logic the system uses anyway, so changing it shouldn't be a big deal.
14) Help us add text to the header.
So this is what we're up against and most of it is probably just incorrect labels. If your pricing is higher than what we put, just tell us. We don't know if we're in the rite ballpark or not. Feel free to ask questions.