**What I need done:**
I need some work done as phase 2 of a newly built website ([url removed, login to view])? that the developer is now too busy to work on and complete. I also need our old booking system to be written in PHP5/MySQL in order to integrate with the new site.
THIS PROJECT CAN BE DONE IN PHASES ??" AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO INDICATE WHICH PARTS (IF ANY) YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN HANDLING
**What I already have versus what the provider will provide:**
This is in two parts:
1. I have: a new 'front end' website...and I need additional work that is 'phase 2' (and possibly phases 3 and 4 also!).
The specifics of this work is available on request.
**? **2. I have: an old booking system ([url removed, login to view]) that needs to integrate with the new website (crucially so that I only need to enter trip (we sell holiday tours) prices and trip dates only once and it is reflected on both the 'front end' and the 'back end'. We also need to have a system that enables automatic calculation of trip prices in all major currencies (currently this is done by referencing off the NZ$, but we want to change this to make GBP the reference currency).
**The specifics of this are available on request.**
**Specific expertise that I am seeking**
There is work in flash to be done, as well as proficiency in PHP5/MySQL. Experience with search engine optimization is an added plus.
**Timeframe for delivery:**
I need to have this up and running within 3 weeks.
Specifics for the Phase two of the website refresh:
- Make changes to flash-based map (on the map, have explanatory pop-up notes to describe how to search on the map by project, comfort or activity level for each country...and also when a user hovers over a country, they get pop-ups telling them what volunteer projects are available there)
- TheMap 'icon' to be enlarged on homepage
- A section on the site saying "if you like this trip, you may also like...", and allow users to rate trips and give feedback
- a section on the homepage for ‘polls’and for ?
- Flash- based photo gallery on homepage, like we have for individual trip pages
- on search functionality: - users are told what their search was; and be able to move from, say,? page 5 to1?
- include ability to "send page to a friend", "facebook" a trip, digg it, delicious, etc
- INTRODUCE EUROS as an additional price currency
- Switching the vertical order of 'Getin touch' and 'findyour tour' on the home page
- make text font sizes adjustable
- Remove extension trips from search results
- Ensure that 'country' and price and dates are shown on the search results
- enable search by activity level and comfort level
- enable a 'free text' search engine
- Add Calendar functionality on to Trip Finder so people can search by date (we need to integrate the trip dates with the new booking engine)
- Get a Blog operational on the site
- Design new 'Community based trip' icon, 'solo traveller' icon and 'in style' icon (along the lines of the "Suitable for Families" and "Recommended for Honeymoons' icons already on the site) and enable people to search by these on the trip finder
- allow users to decide how many results they want to view on one page from the trip finder?
- make it more clear that there are additional pages in a search that can be viewed: make 'next page' sign bigger, and enable users to jump from one page of a search to another
- Create dedicated 'country' pages e.g. A 'Thailand' page, so that users can go to [url removed, login to view] etc
- YouTube integration for hosting video on our site
- automatic removal of trip dates that have expired (also removing these from the booking system)
- integrate email/text news alerts to customers
- insert "post a review" link on each programme page
- introduce ability for users to be remembered with previous trips looked at, etc (like Amazon does)
- introduce a 'special offers' section
- automatic reply emails to new registrants of the newsletter
**Specifics for the translation of the booking system into PHP5/MySQL and integration with the website (above):
The specifics of this are:
- translating the old site into PHP5/MySQL
- and enhancing it with:
1.) Design & build DB? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
2.) Create/convert forms involved in making a booking?
? ? ? ? (May need to rewrite forms in PHP)
3.) Validation & error checking of forms? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
4.) Enhance forms, CSS etc.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
5.) Email verification for registered users? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Expanded description for components:
1.) Design & build DB model, stores users, bookings, holiday info.
2.) 6 steps in the booking process, Borrows largely from current booking system.
Inform users of relevant info at each step, Tell people at each step what they have just done e.g. “Tell people that we protect their privacy and do not release their details to anyone.??
3.) All form data needs to be validated for data integrity & security.
4.) Additional form enhancements such as drop down calendars for dates.
5.) Email account verification for registered users, username & password emailed to newly registered users.
In addition, there are certain things that i do not like about our current booking system that I want changed:
- move the 'Step 1-6 overview' from vertical to horizontal (and when a step is completed, this should be indicated)...there should also be a short note telling users what the next step they are about to go to is, next to the 'next step' box
in 'Step 1'
- change the wording from 'Please select the extension trips:' to ' If you would like to book any of the following extension trips, please select them' (and if no extension trips are available, make this section invisible)
- change the wording from 'If you have a promo code, you can enter it here:' to Do you have a promotional code? If 'yes' then another section opens to say 'please enter it here'
- need to make the 'promo code' system easy to administer by me
In 'Step 2':
- replace 'travellers' with 'guests'
- indicate that Name and Surname and date of birth are required fields - we do need the other information, so move the rest to an "optional section" and tell them we can collect this later
In 'Step 3:
- 'Name' should be remembered from step 2
- Change 'Contact Detail' to 'Contact Details for primary person making the booking'
- Ask them to enter email address twice
- As soon as they enter their email address, email them with the information that we are legally required to send them
-change 'acknowledgements' to 'Booking Conditions'
? change 'policy' to Booking Conditions
Introduce another step, similar to Step 4, which gets users to agree to our 'Participation Form' (I will supply the text for this)
- enable people to select pre- or post-trip accommodation; pay a single supplement (and explain what this is)
- integrate with Paypal and a UK bank
- introduce a 2.75% surcharge for using Visa or MasterCard, and a 3.5% surcharge for Amex needs to be introduced.
- generate automatic email with receipt of payment
Step 6a (after they have paid) - a new step
- ask them if they would like insurance, and if so, tell them we will email them, and if not, take them to another 'disclaimer' page with the text I will supply for waiving insurance that we sell them.