A task is something you have to do, such as fill in your expenses claim, or wash the car. Many people write down all their tasks on a piece of paper, to create a to-do list. Palm's “To Do?? is a computerized version of this paper to-do list. The standard Palm “To Do?? list allows you to create tasks, display them in a list and sort them. However, Palm “To Do?? cannot automatically schedule tasks, so you do not know when anything will get completed, or should be started. This is where Enhanced To Do & Scheduler can help.
If you place appointments in the Palm Calendar (or DateBook 5), Enhanced To Do & Scheduler can put the tasks there too, so that you have one view that completely details everything you have to do. Enhanced To Do & Scheduler will keep the calendar automatically updated as things change. Enhanced To Do & Scheduler can also use the color facilities of DateBook 5 to differentiate between activities it has created and those created by other means
Enhanced To Do & Scheduler accomplishes a similar job to project management applications; it offers much of the power of the critical path analysis, but without the complexity. Enhanced To Do & Scheduler gives you answers to fundamental time-planning questions, such as:
1. When should I start each task, and when can I expect to finish?
2. When will I finish my current to-do list?
3. Are all my current deadlines actually achievable?
With Enhanced To Do & Scheduler, you can also quickly re-schedule your tasks, in response to changing priorities or new commitments. Unfinished tasks are automatically carried forward. Is it possible to complete that new assignment by the required deadline, given all your existing commitments? Enhanced To Do & Scheduler can tell you.
Enhanced To Do & Scheduler organizes your schedule in the following ways:
* Assigns each task a recommended, or most likely, start and end date and time. This process is called **Task Scheduling**. Such scheduling takes into account:
* Task priorities.
* Your normal working week, and breaks during the day, such as lunch breaks.
* The other commitments in your calendar, such as meetings and holidays.
* External influences on tasks, such as deadlines.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Palm OS 5 (I use a Treo 600, so obviously want it to work on that!) for the main program. A simple Windows desktop application that shows all the custom fields and allows export to a format suitable for importing into Microsoft Project. Note that the scheduling functionality is only required on the PDA.