Terminé

APT packages for Debian 3.0 Linux Application

We have a software package that has been installed at a few different customers' sites by hand (meaning compiled the package on each Linux box individually) some months ago. Now we need to upgrade this package to a new version and we don't want to do it 1 box after another - they are too many and we can't possibly bring them out of each customer's site for the upgrade. Fortunately they are all based on Debian, and we would like to ideally have a master copy installed on one of our servers available on the Internet and run "apt-get" from each customer's site - and lo, upgrade to the new version. We are currently looking for a coder who can prepare such an APT package for us. Thank you for your interest and bid! *** Update to Description on 7th April, 05 -------------------------------------- Due to several questions by bidders, I would like to provide some more details: 1. 99% of the binaries, config files etc all resides in a directory /usr/xyz. So updating this directory should do most of the job. This directory does have further sub-directories such as sbin, bin, var, etc and so on. 2. The remaining 1% of the upgradable files are for ex. startup link in /etc/rc2.d, or log-files in /var, etc. So the apt script should upgrade such files and possibly write an "upgrade-log" on what all it has done (in order to prove that all steps of the upgrade were successful and the system is back to a functional state"). Thank you!

## Deliverables

1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.

2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):

a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.

b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.

3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).

* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Apr 7, 2005 1:20:35 PM:

Hi,

In response to some of the questions from bidders, I more information to the original bid-request "Description".

Please note the update (on 7th Apr).

Regards

Toshiki Kaifu

## Platform

Debian 3.0 GNU/Linux APT / DPKG packaging systems

Compétences : Programmation C, Ingénierie, Linux, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Architecture Logicielle, Tests de Logiciels

en voir plus : web site packages, php job application form code, packaging hire, linux apt get, job application no response, copy write for web, coder looking for a startup, box for hire, servers for hire, original packaging, write some software | perl, write some software perl, linux update, linux config, install a program on debian, application packaging, write linux script, linux server information, linux php upgrade, packages linux

Concernant l'employeur :
( 64 commentaires ) Germany

Nº du projet : #3649380

Décerné à:

mindping

See private message.

%selectedBids___i_sum_sub_7% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_8% USD en 15 jours
(12 Commentaires)
4.0

4 freelance font une offre moyenne de $53 pour ce travail

cmax4u

See private message.

%bids___i_sum_sub_35% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_36% USD en 15 jours
(112 Commentaires)
6.4
BenjaminKreuter

See private message.

%bids___i_sum_sub_35% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_36% USD en 15 jours
(10 Commentaires)
4.5
omniheurist

See private message.

%bids___i_sum_sub_35% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_36% USD en 15 jours
(1 Évaluation)
0.0