I have an old joomla site (dead) with thousands and thousands (3 years worth) of user generated content entries and comments. I need *just the user generated content* migrated to my new site, NEW URL, running wordpress- this site is live.
All the content is mine and copyrighted, I am the only person in the world with this content as the site is no longer live - I lost the domain to an very evil evil evil person with lawyers guns and money, minus the guns - well, they might as well had guns as it was pure robbery. anyway - I digress.....
I made a backup of the sql database & have ftp downloaded the entire domain, root & sub-folders.
I will work as closely with whomever is awarded this project to make sure they have all the resources they need for success.
Answers to some questions:
1) I want to take the joomla posts/content embedded in my old site, that I have ftp'd to my laptop and extract the posts, then upload them as wordpress posts in the appropriate - original categories to my new site.
2) We don't have to worry about migrating the comments - as I was battling spam in joomla and could care less about the comments
3) You cannot mess with my new url, as its a live site.
4) I CAN make a subdomain available for use.
5) If you need to bring up the joomla environment, you'll have to do that on your desktop via wamp or whatever - or on the subdomain i can provide.
I'll post more answers as needed.
Thanks for the interest!
8 freelance font une offre moyenne de $122 pour ce travail
I have done this before but it was a long process. I would have to test your db to make sure not corrupt or special characters. I had to put in lower version of wordpress and then it finally went in and then i upgraded Plus
I have done before, and I can transfer joomla contents into wp post (include comments if necessary).