First, I NEED to make this 100% clear, this is NOT a basic blog/wordpress job. This will be the third time I've posted this project, the last two times the people I've hired backed out because the couldn't actually complete the job.
PLEASE: Read & Understand what I'm asking for before bidding...even better would be to suggest how this could best be done, so that I know you know what you're talking about.
....So...Third Time's A Charm:
I need some help with a curl/scraping script.
I am looking for a script that will create several word press blogs based on variables I enter into mysql database.
Here's how I envision this thing working:
I would run it with a combination of mysql, cron, php and curl.
I ALREADY MADE an online admin panel, with a basic form where I can manually enter the 'key ingredients' for the blog such as:
- site title
- site 'tag line'
- site description
- start date (to know when the next post is due)
...all that info posts to a mysql database, then just I would just run a cron job twice a day to check if there is anything that needs to be done.
Here's what I would like the script to do:
1. register the domain I choose and change the DNS to my server (I use [url removed, login to view], and it will pay with my paypal)
2. log into my hosting and associate the domain with the hosting and the new folder (which will just be the domain name, it's created automatically when 'linked' to the hosting).
4. install 3 plugins and a theme I already have
5. post the first article and ping
6. delay about a day and post next article and ping
7. wait another day or so then post next and ping
7. wait 2 more days then post next and ping
9. wait about a week and post final article and ping
10. wait another 2 days and update the blog with my banners and affiliate links.
I just don't know enough about curl, so that's what I need from you...and actually I don't even know if using curl to submit payments is safe (or possible for that matter) - could you let me know!? If that part has to be manual, so be it...I'd just like to automate as much of this as possible.
I would have a 'progress' field and next action date in mysql for each blog that I post, so the script would know for example "today I need to make the 3rd post on blog [url removed, login to view]" and then it would update that/those fields once successfully posted.
I hope that's detailed enough...this is actually pretty straight forward, I just don't know enough about curl to make it happen, and I don't have the time/desire to learn it right now.
Thanks for your interest...please let me KNOW you can do this job.