Using the Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS), we need a developer to build a simple app:
1) Create a PHP page (using twitter bootstrap API) that will include the following input fields:
a. Amazon product ASIN
b. Category (I will provide a query to our database that will provide a list of categories).
When the User completes the page above and presses 'submit', the tool will:
1) Lookup the Amazon Product by entered ASINs (e.g., ASIN: B004GF3X5Y)
2) Extract the Amazon Product Description if the product is 'Sold by Amazon' in HTML format.
3) Extract the Product Description (that portion outside of the [url removed, login to view] level description) in HTML Format.
4) Extract the Product Price
5) Extract the 'List Price' (ie., MSRP)
6) Extract the Product Name / Title (e.g., "Bushnell BowHunter Chuck Adams Edition 4x 20mm ARC Bow Mode Laser Rangefinder"
7) Extract the first product image.
8) Filter products that are 'Sold by Amazon' with an option to select 'Featured Merchants' also.
When the data is retrieved.
1) Insert a row to a 'Products table' with the information above plus the category ID of the selected category (from an associated table).
2) Generate a unique identifier for the image and rename the image to the unique identifier .jpg.
(example of image name: '[url removed, login to view]').
3) Insert a row to a 'Images table' using the image name and Product ID generated in (1)
4) Upload the renamed image to a folder on our linux server (centos).
I will provide a test database for you to develop against on this effort.
Please do not bid on this project if you have not had prior experience developing with Amazon APIs.