Assist me in setting up a Linux server to run Joomla CMS.
I can install the OS and apps, but don't know exactly what options and settings to choose or modify.
I have extensive MS WIN2K3 server knowledge, but no Linux experience.
The winning bidder/freelancer will have expert knowlege and experience with Linux servers, Apache, PHP, MySQL and Joomla/Mambo and be willing to do the following:
1. Outline, via e-mail, the best options to install for Fedora Linux based on this being a Joomla CMS only server. Freelancer will also outline steps to set up remote access so you can check my installations.
2. I will install Apache. (If available, I would like a free or open source GUI for Apache), Freelancer will provide instructions on how to add and configure Joomla-based websites manually if no GUI is available. I know how to do this easily in IIS. I know Apache Conf is available, but not free.
3. I will install PHP 4.x + Admin, Freelancer will check installation and configure for best security use with Apache and Joomla.
4. I will install MySQL 4.x + Admin. Freelancer will check installation and configure for best security and compatibility with PHP and Apache.
5. Freelancer should recommend any additional apps to be installed for essential Joomla operation.
6. I will install a Joomla test website. Freelancer will check configuration and ensure proper operation.
7. Freelancer will document any and all changes to default installation settings so I can know what was done, undo it if necessary, or do it again, if I need to reinstall this or another server.
Upon completion Freelancer will be immediately paid in full via PayPal and will receive EXCELLENT feedback. Freelancer will also receive preferential offers for additional server configuration work. All jobs are based on project completion, not hourly wage.
Thie project is not difficult, but I need a walk through the first time. Documentation and notes are critical to me. Freelancers that can provide resource links on installing any of the above would be regarded highly.
Please put SCOT in your bid. Automated responses and bids will be ignored and deleted. Read my feedback. More work to follow.