- The project will be in one language which is Arabic.
- The project wil be integrated into a Facebook tab as iFrame.
How it works:
- If a user is accessing the application for the first time, he will be requested to authorize the application for all the necessary authorization to work properly, including email.
- Once authorized, the user will enter a welcome page, where they will be able to participate in the activity as well as see other users participations.
- The activity will be as follows (this is the middle part of the frame):
-- User will be asked to select of out of 3 gift choices, that are exposed to him visually. Once user make selection, he will be able to press next to move to the next step.
-- The user will go for this selection 3 or 4 times (a parameter we will need to set).
-- The step 2 will be somehow different, because before showing the 3 options, a frame will be shown where they will be a short video or small slideshow. User will need to press "next" another time to see the 3 options, but is not required to watch the video or slideshow (we will decide whether it is very or slideshow in the course of the project).
-- At the end of all the 3 or 4 steps of choices, a visual showing all the choices will be shown to the user together with a field where they can enter a short text that goes with the gift. Then they need to press "next".
-- Then a visual showing the 3 or 4 items choses and the text will be shown (it will be a nice visual putting all together).
-- After pressing next, the user will be requested to enter his personal information.
-- After the submission of the personal information, there will be a frame showing 2 pieces of information: (i) The list of draws/gifts remaining (We should be able to configure on [url removed, login to view] the dates for all draws and the gift so this part is displaying and being updated automatically), and (ii) Friends of the users who are already participating in this activity and a button that allows people to invite their friends to participate by posting on their wall…. using the same tool as usual… This time we will allow people to invite up to 5 friends in the same time (not more as if some users abuse, I believe there is a risk that we are flagged a spam).
- The bottom part of the application is showing all the participation. The visuals of the gift used will be different than the one used in the contest above… so need to planned as separate files.
- On the top part, we will be displaying the weekly winners, directly taken from the config file. There is 2 types of winners: best note, and draw.
- We should have an admin system to manage the participations between state of: Selected, accepted, rejected, pending. The default status is "pending", and we will be showing all what is Selected, accepted and pending, but we should be able to remove the pending from being visible if we want to.
- We should have an admin system that allows us to draw a random winners among all the entries of user. Each user will have 1 or multiple entries to the draw depending on the number of friends who are participating in the activity. The number of entries in the draw for a user is: number of friends participating in activity + 1.
Other important considerations:
- For this project, we will use some nice jquery animations in the transitions from one competition step to another, as well as in the presentation of the 3 options.