Need to create a plugin or edit the existing document library plugin ([url removed, login to view]) with some more functionality. The plugin has much of the functionality I need already, but need a few enhancements.
The document library will be used to upload a large amount of documents and assign categories to them as well as tags. The user will be able to choose some fields from the drop down boxes or enter a search term and the matching documents will show up in a list and they can choose to download any of them by clicking on the file link. I Like the look and layout of the document library as it is, but need to add some things:
- 2 extra fields (there are only 6 now but need 8)
- Need to enhance the functionality of the search feature so that some of the drop down categories will filter what shows up in the rest of the search boxes. (eg. if one of the categories was "company" the "brands" dropdown would then only show brands that were offered by the company selected.)
- would like the search box to be able to search all the categories as well as the wording of the document titles which is all that it searches right now.
- would like a date range search
- would like the search results to show the categories that the resulting files have applied to them as well as a tag cloud showing the tags applying to the search results.
- same functionality of being able to download the resulting files by clicking on link
Need to have this functional by Monday! Any takers? It's basically adding some functionality to an already existing plugin which almost does what I want. It shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows php and is familiar with wordpress. I don't think I will be able to learn PHP over the weekend to get this done.
I have a significant amount of experience in PHP, and I have done some Wordpress work before. I'm a hacker at heart, I can figure out how to make this work by Monday.