We have a functioning, plain html, website - [[url removed, login to view]] However, it is getting difficult to manage because of frequent changes. It is not looking too good either.
We want to build the website using Joomla. (Joomla support is provided by our webhost.)
The content etc. is all there but we are not Joomla experts and so we need a Joomla guy to create a basic website using plain, vanilla joomla features.
The objectives/requirement is as follows -
1. No need to create any new graphics...whatever comes with Joomla is fine. If required, just create simple text based graphics/imgs.
2. No need to use existing graphics/images from on the current site ([[url removed, login to view]]).
3. No need to maintain the exact same layout - as long as there are standard sections like Products, About Us, Contact Us etc. it is fine. You can be creative.
4. Must use the content which is there already.
5. Integrate a helpdesk system(osTicket or phpSupportTicket), bulletin board (phpBB). They are provided by our webhost. So you can pick one which you think is simple to use and can be included/linked in the website on Contact Us page of the website.
6. Must be easy to maintain, add new products or change content. (You will need to tell us how to change/update simple things. We are not Joomla experts but we are technically savvy (Java experts), so we will not need hand holding.)
7. You can use any nice/fresh/simple looking Joomla template. No black background.
ADDED LATER - We are not looking for hifi Joomla add-on or extentions. Just a simple basic website with menus. Content is already there. Just needs to be copied in appropriate places.
Based on our understanding of Joomla, it should not really take more than a day or two (max) for this.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).