I am looking for a developer comfortable in working with Java and PHP.
This project is based in two parts: a client/server and a website.
Whenever possible, you can propose software products already existent to ease you overall development. We give preference to software that does not come with licensing costs or restrictions.
I value long term connections, if you work well then I will continue hiring your services in the future.
==== Client ====
We want that a user is capable of computing the SHA1/MD5 hash of a given set of files. The user will be choosing the folder where these files are located and then add some additional information. We want to submit this information to our server, only authorized users will be capable of this action.
This client is relatively simple and trivial to program. We already developed and tested prototypes to ease this part.
- Based on Swing and HSQL
- Calculates the SHA1/MD5 checksum for a given folder
- Uploads this information to the server along with some other details about the files
- HSQL is used solely to store the data on the workstation, before uploading to the MySQL side
- Before uploading data, user is authenticated with a secret key provided by the server to the registered user
- Needs to use port 80 and POST/GET requests so that it can work through office firewalls
- You will be provided with the code for finding files, indexing them and the methods for writing onto HSQL to speed up your development.
==== Server ====
We want a server that listens to submission requests from the clients. The server will receive data and write this information onto a MySQL database.
- Based on Apache, PHP, Wordpress and MySQL
- Provides a page with details and comments for each file entry
- Accepts user login using google, facebook or internal wordpress registration (this feature is already available as a wordpress login)
==== Website ====
We want a simple site based on Wordpress where visitors can search for a file hash and read the details. We will be wanting SEO friendly pages that can easily remembered by visitors.
- Provides google-like front page to search a MD5/SHA1 hash
- Gives simple statistics of submitted data by users (number of entries, most active contributers)
- Details about the file hash are provided (when it was first indexed, special details, etc)
- Users can upvote / downvote the trust of this file and comment (discuss)
- An overall score of reputation for the file is computed
- A small image is generated with this score
* Comfortable with the aforementioned technology
* Must be efficient and robust for large datasets (!)
* delivery in 2 months (more than enough for an experienced engineer with experience in this field)
Tools of the trade
* svn (using [url removed, login to view])
* xampp (to run the apache/php/mysql/wordpress stack on your machine)
* Netbeans as IDE for all code that is written
* Updates every two days <----- MUST , regardless of progress
* Milestones <----- incremental OR all @ the end , upon delivery
* Willing to provide support for minor fixes/bugs until one year after final delivery
* Comments on source code
After review of the requirements, I have decided to remove the server-client part from this project.
I am willing to provide up to 300 USD for the website development, please update your bids accordingly.
It will be required:
- Design skills
- Plugin development for Wordpress
- Plugin development/customization of Vanilla forum
15 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1359 $ pour ce travail
Hi , I have read your requirements and I have done really similar projects. I would like to work with you on this project. Please check your inbox for more information about us and our most recent projects.