I need to glean out: first names, last names, company or institution affiliation, email address and phone numbers (if available) from a web-hosted medical database. This database allows Boolean searching by keywords for specific research articles and this information applies to the authors. The software should ask which Boolean search I want to execute, and then output the information.
The information should be output into a .CSV or tabbed ASCII file; a spreadsheet is fine too.
The software will be run monthly to keep the information current.
I'll provide the URL for the site to qualified respondents.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Mar 30, 2007 3:27:19 PM:
It seems like getting the names, and particularly the institutions from the database is tricky. If you like, please submit the bids in this way:
1. Bid on crawling for email addresses alone
2. Bid on email addresses plus names
3. Bid on email addresses, names and institutions.
Also, the software should always eliminate duplicate email addresses. There will be a lot of them.
The program should run on a standard Windows-based computer with an internet connection.