Previously I had a project on this site, and have since cancelled it after more understanding of the work required.
This project, initially, requires a new E-commerce website to be built on a Linux server. It is to be build upon Magento, which I understand to be an effective E-commerce platform, and also allows me to edit source code directly. (this is a must)
The web store must then be integrated, using "scripting" or whatever means necessary, to a PostgreSQL database, on a Windows 2008 server. (located parallel to the Linux Server - The same company hosts both servers)
THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE WEB DESIGN PROJECT. THE "MEAT" OF THIS PROJECT IS THE INTEGRATION. THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT.
I cannot stress this enough, as on my previous project, after attempting to explain this as well as I could in the project details, I was quoted something, twice, and the quote was significantly altered in price after the bidders realised they could not just build me a website and run.
We currently have a website, that looks pretty, and essentially alright at giving customers our locations and such, and it is based on OSCOMMERCE, but I really, hate this platform now.. and would prefer something extremely easy to manage backend wise.
Our new E-commerce platform, based on Magento, will need to use real-time updates from our existing Point of Sale database in order to obtain Product information, Price, information, photographs and Stock levels. (there might be a plug-in for this?)
THIS IS THE MAIN PART OF THE PROJECT. The numbers must be synchronise every time an order takes place, additionally, every hour or so, the Magento database must synchronise with our Point of Sale database for New items.
A script must also be running on the windows server to inform the "Magento script" of any updates to stock levels that come from the Point of Sale system. THIS ENTIRE SYSTEM IS BASED ON AUTOMATION.
Never, EVER, should I be required to access the Magento Stock database and adjust stock levels, descriptions, prices or identifiers, this information must all be synchronised effortlessly though the work YOU are doing.
Additionally, and also a lot harder to do is the management of orders that require stock from multiple stores.
EG. Order needs to be delivered to a customer near Store 1, but requires stock from Store 2 and Store 3.
Store 2 and 3 need to be notified by email that they must transfer the stock from their store to Store 1, so it can be delivered to the customer from Store 1.
- Lastly, the e-commerce platform must cater for delivery to certain areas, with aggregated pricing, and pickup orders. with notifications sent to the customer regarding all these issues.
Also, integration with our Bank Merchant facility will be required.
With all this information I have provided you, I expect REAL quotes, with no revisions of the quote to occur after "checking out my server databases"
If you encounter any problems, you will have to find workarounds, and I will assist you in doing so, as the database you will be integrating from is from software I know the designer or.. So if you have any requests about fields that could be added to the database to assist you, I can most certainly get this done.
Here is the final checklist of things to do before payment will be accepted.
1. Building of a new, well designed and presented website, based on our existing sites logo, colours and photographs (included in this email)
2. A small flash presentation on the home page, outlying the customers options of "Picking up the product", or having it "delivered within the "Hunter, Newcastle and Upper Sydney region"
3. Facebook integration on the first page, showing the latest post from "Furniturewarehouseaustralia" on our facebook page.
4. The ability to "like" and "share" all our products on facebook.
5. The ability to login with Facebook, Gmail, or Twitter (I believe there is a pre-built interface for this)
6. Integration of NeoPOS with the Magento Store. (Just to be clear, this means that even new products added to the NeoPOS database must be synchronised with Magento seamlessly, without requiring any maintaining of Magento through its own back end. And that product deductions must occur to the stock database when a transaction is completed)
7. A notification system for our stores, by email, but by printer would be the best. (most probably both) Consider a solution such as "Google cloud print"
8. The store optimisation system, that will only allow delivery items to an address providing it is within a deliverable area, and additionally, ensuring that the closest store is the one that is selected for completing this task.
If multiple stores are needed to complete the delivery, (stock at different shops) each store is notified of what stock it must transfer to the specified store that is conducting delivery, so it can be delivered to the consumer.
9. A review process for all products bought on the site.
10. An ability to give a discount at the final stage of checkout if the customer "likes" our facebook page.
11. Integration of our Commonwealth bank merchant for payments.
Upon all these considerations, the project will be marked "completed".
Lastly, we are prepared to spend up to $2000 to get this project done, so please be careful with your quote, revisions after your "investigations" will be regarded as incompetence, and you will be immediately excluded from the bidding process.
I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH THE ONE WHO SUCCEEDS!
(additionally, as I am actually the independent wholesaler of this Point of Sale platform, that I plan to begin marketing from November, If customers want a web-store based upon this software, you will be asked for further work, based on all the solutions you overcame here.)