NOTE 1: Not a lot of time is allowed for this project, because another team (not through RAC) has already failed us, wasting our time and limiting your time, because we are up against a deadline. You must be prepared to work diligently until the project is complete. We will require you to present to us a high quantity of work every week. We require a weekly status report that must have *working* code, so that it is very obvious to us that much progress is being made. Failure to demonstrate to us that reasonable progress is being made, is grounds for placing this project into arbitration on RAC, even if the RAC deadline has not passed. By bidding on this project you accept these terms!!
NOTE 2: If you find anything unclear, state your question in the chat room for all bidders to see and for our answer to all.
Comic Panes is a product that delivers comic strips and panels and comic related material to a subscriber’s desktop through their choice of three options:
1. As wallpaper, that is, filling up the entire computer screen BEHIND desktop icons.
2. As Screensaver, that is, filling up the entire screen ON TOP of desktop icons.
3. Through a standard web browser that shows only those comics the user selects to receive.
Comic Panes is made up of computer screen pages (that is, what we call “panes??) from two dozen different cartoonists (this number will increase as time goes on). In other words, each cartoonist has his or her own pane, which could be thought of as a full-screen control page from which the cartoonist displays his material. These panes have already been designed in Flash. We will provide these to the programmer.
Here is an example of one pane, which you can see through a browser:
<[url removed, login to view]>
We need somebody to create a downloadable reader so that people may have panes like this set on their computer desktops WITHOUT the need for a browser, and WITHOUT having to use Microsoft’s “Active Desktop.??
The programmer must also design a website that allows nonpublic administration functions, such creating the database cartoonists will upload their comics to, and creating reports so that the Administrator knows which cartoonists have earned what amounts.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
PCs and Macs with operating systems back five years.
Please note: Some specific numbers in the specifications, such as dollar amounts, are for illustrative purposes. Coder must provide the means for the administrator to input the numbers and change them as necessary. Plase note this added requirement: The winning bidder must agree to provide a minimum of 90 days maintenance on the project after it is installed and running. The administrator, users, and artists may encounter unexpected problems as they use the site, and the coder must be prepared to make necessary adjustments during the 90-day maintenance period