The web application will act as an intermediary between admin user accounts and client user accounts. Credit card payment will be made possible and revenue for the website will come from advertisements displayed on the site.
The site will be designed and developed with special emphasis on usability, security and speed. It must be possible for SEO on the website.
Statement of Scope**
The project scope is defined below. Abstractions are used to describe the project, but all aspects will be made clear, if necessary, after a non disclosure agreement is signed. But all efforts have been made to be as clear as possible, to allow the reader to understand the problem and dete rmine if the project is attractive to him/her.
The statement of scope consists of the following subsections:
**Problem/Opportunity Statement**??" Interaction between any set and groups of people is a complex phenomena. The interactions can include simple correspondence, information sharing, payment collections, action item tracking, etc… Assume accountants and their clients. Every accountant or accountant office have several clients and these sets of people interact with each other.
· The purpose of this web application is to facilitate and manage such interactions providing a secure medium to conduct such interactions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment, unless otherwise agreed in writing/email.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
**Objectives**??" Defines a list of goals associated with this project. Completion of the project should fulfill these goals.
· Application will allow two groups of users: Admins and client users (or simply users) to create accounts with the application.
· The admin users will have their own webpage where they manage and update content.
· Mailing lists will be maintained by the application to enable the two users to correspond with each other. The admins must also be able to communicate to specific users.
· The application will allow and manage Credit card transactions.
· Advertisement and marketing options will be available on the website, where dynamic advertisement content will be displayed and controlled by the application. These ads will be location (webpage) specific and content relevant. Google and such ads will also be possible.
· Dynamic content grabbed from external sources will be displayed on the website.
· The webpages will load fast and SEO options will be possible.
**Functionality**??" Defines a list of high-level functionality that the project should be able to offer at its completion.
· The application will host admin accounts and user accounts.
· Admin accounts will be created upon application and verification by us.
· Each admin account will have their own custom page, based on standard template design, where the admin users can update content and manage transactions. The admins can also upload documents of limited size that the users can view.
· An admin user account can have more than one person associated to it, and this list can change.
· The user account is related to a specific person or email address.
· Users will be able to register with admin accounts, allowing and disallowing such registrations will be controlled by the admins.
· Once the admin accounts are setup and users are registered to these accounts, the application will provide interfaces and mailing lists for interaction between these groups (admins and users).
· The application will collect credit card payment on behalf of admins from the users. Only those users registered under the admin account can pay the admins.
· Mailing lists for users and admins will be maintained by the application, which the admins will use to contact the users and vice versa. Individual emails between admin group and any particular user should also be possible.
· Organizations can have us place their ad banners and ad content on the web site. Advertisements may be different on each page and we must be able to control which ad goes where. It also must be possible for us to rotate different banners in time intervals.
. It must be possible for us to add google adsense and such other ads on the website. The website graphics must be designed with this in mind so everything flows well visually.
· Design and development will place emphasis on security, usability and speed.
· It must be light weight and easy to extend and manage.
Serverside Application technology: Ruby on rails is preferred. PHP will be considered.
Rendering technology: HTML, XML and CSS. No tables for display.
Must be possible to display external content such as RSS feeds.
Advertisement banners and other ads.
1. performance, speed and browser compatibility. Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and other common ones.
2. Security testing.
3. General bug tests to see if the application has any loop holes or breakage.