We have a Dreamweaver Template-based site that has poorly constructed CSS. The biggest problem is the use of absolute-positioned DIVs that do not contain each other, i.e., each layer is an absolute positioned DIV and (for example) changing the position of the main content DIV leaves all the content in the original location. So, we need a coder to rework the CSS in the template and style sheet to reflect proper coding technique. In addition, a few pages have absolute position content that needs to be put in the proper structure.
Some of the issues resulting from the poor current CSS are inability to print properly and offset display on low-res monitors.
The appearance of the site is OK, no changes are desired.
Key results needed:
1) Properly coded pages and style sheet, validatable
2) Fixed width for nav bar and content is OK, but fixed position should be eliminated.
3) Print properly and display properly on lower-res monitor (800x600)
4) Remove unnecessary DIVs and other page code, and remove unused styles in style sheet.
5) Make any other coding changes to reflect best practices.
SEE URL IN ATTACHED FILE
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
- Modified Dreamweaver Template with improved CSS as described above
- Modified pages as needed (only a few have absolute DIVs)
- Modified CSS style sheet as described above.
-HTML/CSS, must be compatible with all modern browsers and display on 800x600 resolution