Part 1 of 2 (continuation of previous project)
I'd like to replicate HP's quoting system as much as possible ([url removed, login to view]). That said, most of the below will be an apples-to-apples overview of how HP does their quotes.
By that I mean having quotes save to customer accounts and allowing them to retrieve them at any time (regardless of when they saved the quote) based on the quote number.
1. Customer adds items to quote via a button/link that reads 'Add to Quote'
2. Customer is provided two options (aside from Update and Continue) at the bottom of the Quote summary page..
A. Save Quote (see 3A.) - in place of the current 'Submit' button
B. Add to Cart (see 3B.)
3A. The quote saves to the customer's account and ties to a Quote Number
3B. Adds the entire quote to the shopping cart and it's business as usual from there
4. It then redirects them to one of the following:
A. The homepage
B. A quote page with a list of their saved quotes
5. Customer then has the ability to retrieve past saved quotes via a link at the top of the page that reads 'Quotes' (where 'Quote List' is now, but on the Shoppica theme)
6. With the old quote pulled up, it provides them similar options to No. 2, but instead of 'Save Quote' it reads 'Update Quote' and then adds the entire quote to a new quote (similar to adding individual items to a quote) and gives them a new Quote Number (via the Quote page with the list of their quotes)
7. Regarding the Quote list page (with all of their quotes), would it be possible to have a column with the date the quote was saved on? See the attached images for reference.
And that about covers it. Like I said, we're looking to replicate the functionality HP provides with their quotes, but with a nicer, more current and quicker system.
Let me know if you have any questions!
I've uploaded a zip with a few mock-up's of what we're looking to do. As you'll see from the images, there is a 'before' example of what the site currently looks, followed by several 'after' mock-up's of what I've mentioned in my initial description - and how I would like the site to look/function once complete.
IMPORTANT: Everything highlighted in RED in the examples was done in Photoshop and is not currently implemented on the site.
The HP examples are what we're trying to replicate and are just there for reference.
The only mock-up missing from the ones I created for our site theme (Shoppica2), is the Quote page with the customer's list of quotes (see HP's for reference).
I need to know that this can be done and what the timeline for creating it would be. If you have any questions, I check my PM inbox very often.