Delphi project to extract text from AOL Chatrooms real-time. Need source code and sample app, must work in Delphi 5, also working in D7 a plus.
This must work in AOL9 (plus if 8 and 7 also). This is AOLs Client Software, not stand-alone AIM. Need the ability to do the following:
1) identify whether user on this computer (the one running the software, not other aol users) is in a chatroom, and the name of the chatroom. Events for entering/leaving a room (including name of room).
2) Ability to get a list of users in the active room, as well as events on users entering and leaving a room, with member name and whether they are coming or going.
3) Events for each message posted in the room (including one that the user posts) with member name and message of text.
Sample app can be a single form with the following:
1) Chat Room Name label - set to none if not in a room. This must update dynamically as user enters/leaves rooms
2) Memo or listbox with members in the room
3) Memo showing events of members entering and leaving, with member name and whether they are entering or left
4) Memo with messages, showing member name, and their text.
I haven't spent much time in aol chat, so if there are other obvious things I'm missing, assuming I want to know everything that can be known, then please let me know.
Prefer not to use external components, but open to VCLs if they are cheap and come with source/distribution rights.
1) Complete and fully-functional sample form in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. Units/components ready to compile.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Delphi 5 and 7 source