Could you build a custom page control (as a component or not) that behaves like a normal page control (in terms of methods, properties and events as well as visual behavior) but has the following features (see ATTACHED mockup):
1. Active page tab wider, displays larger font (RTF) than inactive tabs, secondary text (RTF), optional folder browse icon (and corresponding folderchange event), maximize & close button
2. Inactive tabs show grayed out close icon that turns red at hover and can be clicked to close that page without diplaying that page or losing focus from Active page. In other words from a window/object point of view, other tabs should be treated as graphical part of the active page?? (I'm no expert on this)
3. Includes arrows that appear when not all tabs are displayed.
4. Includes drop-down list of pages that can be made active.
5. Has XPish look but all white backgrounds.
This is quite different from a normal page control including focus issues in point 2. so you may want to build it from scratch. Perhaps even out of shapes and panels etc?? Whatever you think . .
Regards - Paul
PS Mention if you we base it on existing page control code or not and whetehr it will be a component or just code.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).