The project will require enhancing an open source CRM system (vtiger).
To do the project
- you will have to first install mysql, apache etc. (all the prerequisites for vtiger and then vtiger) Please see thier web site ([url removed, login to view]).
- Development can be done on Windows or Linux. The final product has to run on Linux particularly the debian testing (etch) version with latest updates. If using debian linux my suggestion is apt-get all the prerequisites and only install vtiger from the source code and then once installed apply the patch 2. This way the rest of the code will work out of the box and the installation takes only a few minutes once the prerequisites are installed.
- Play arround adding accounts, contacts, potentials and activities to understand the various screens.
In vtiger you can create an Account (using the new account link).
You can also create new Potentials and Contacts for that account.
You can create new Activities at the Account level, at the Potential level and at the Contact level.
When you look at the account detail view screen you will see all the activities for that particular account at the account level. If you look at the specific potentials/contacts for the account you will see the activities for that potential or contact. However it is more useful to see all the activities for an account (directly associated with the account or indirectly via the potentials, Contacts, Emails ... for that account). The project will be to:
1. Allow the system to show all the activities for an account regard less of whether the activity is linked to the account indirectly or not.
2. Have a button on the account detail screen that will allow the user to select only direct activity or all activity, for only himself or for all users.